From Sebastien Ruel@VERT to All on Tue Feb 9 13:03:18 2021
    Hi everyone,
    I'm posting this message because I havent found any answers on sbbs wiki or on the internet; Maybe i'm not understanding well!

Ok, so my SBBS is setup with Fidonet. I have created a Timed Event to import the avatars that are on Fidonet SYNDATA.
    When the import is done each day (command= ?avatars import=fidonet_syncdata), this generates some .ini files in /home/sbbs/data/fido/ (example: 006702c1.avatars.ini).

Q: How can I make these avatars available to the users in my bbs?
    I only see the default sbbs avatars when I go in the avatars menu of the bbs.

Thank you,
    Sebastien (Tnt....my old alias when I was a kid LOL!!)
    --- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
    * Origin: BEETS BBS - beets.synchro.net (ssh port 2222) (1:229/1017)
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Al@VERT/TRMB to Sebastien Ruel on Tue Feb 9 18:19:04 2021
    Re: Avatars import from Fidonet
    By: Sebastien Ruel to All on Tue Feb 09 2021 01:03 pm

I have recently been seeing avatars in fidonet and othernets when the avatars can be found, I think because of the BBSID kludge. I think you'll need an up to date version of Synchronet to see those avatars in othernets.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Sebastien Ruel on Wed Feb 10 13:59:13 2021
    Re: Avatars import from Fidonet
    By: Sebastien Ruel to All on Tue Feb 09 2021 01:03 pm

Hi everyone,
    I'm posting this message because I havent found any answers on sbbs wiki or on the internet; Maybe i'm not understanding well!

Ok, so my SBBS is setup with Fidonet. I have created a Timed Event to import the avatars that are on Fidonet SYNDATA.
    When the import is done each day (command= ?avatars import=fidonet_syncdata), this generates some .ini files in /home/sbbs/data/fido/ (example: 006702c1.avatars.ini).

The individual user avatars imported via SYNCDATA are only "available" to users of *your* BBS as displayed with the avatar-user's content (e.g. messages posted to networked sub-boards). The Avatar Chooser (avatars menu) displays avatar collections and shared avatar libraries are also imported via SYNCDATA (into text/avatars/*.bin) and *those* will be avilable to your users to choose from. For more details, see https://wiki.synchro.net/module:avatars

If you have more questions, let me know.
    --
    digital man

Rush quote #18:
    Leave out condition, courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence Norco, CA WX: 62.2øF, 61.0% humidity, 2 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net