• DDMsgReader

From Al@VERT/TRMB to Nightfox on Fri Jan 29 16:06:17 2021
    Hello Nightfox,

I have a question about DDMsgReader. I don't think it is currently possible but if it was I would like to make the reader available to users who want to use it.

I don't have it installed currently because I prefer the built in message reader so users on the BBS don't have the option available. If it possible somehow to make the option available per user instead of a global setup?

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Don't hate yourself in the morning; sleep till noon

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS to Al on Fri Jan 29 19:52:41 2021
    Al wrote:
    Hello Nightfox,

I have a question about DDMsgReader. I don't think it is currently possible but if it was I would like to make the reader available to users who want to use it.

I don't have it installed currently because I prefer the built in message reader so users on the BBS don't have the option available. If it possible somehow to make the option available per user instead of a global setup?

I'm not sure but you could create a wrapper in mods and use a user flag to determine if they use the built in or DDMsgReader. Then you'd just need a toggle option somewhere.

That way you could set up any number of message readers or configurations.

---
    þ Synchronet þ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Al on Sat Jan 30 10:12:03 2021
    Re: DDMsgReader
    By: Al to Nightfox on Fri Jan 29 2021 04:06 pm

That should be doable now. For now, a sort of solution might be that if you know which users want to use the stock reader vs. DDMsgReader, you could update your command shell to check for specific usernames who want DDMsgReader and have it run DDMsgReader for those users.

I could probably make something that users can run to configure a setting so that DDMsgReader can either use itself or the stock reader.

One thing that might complicate it a bit is that Digital Man has made a similar message reader, so you might also want to offer an option to use that, DDMsgReader, or the stock reader..

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com