• doorscan

From deon@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Wed Jan 20 23:06:39 2021
    DM,

Looking for your advise with the following.

I've setup SBBS as a door server, using rlogin with xtrn=<CODE> to login and execute a game - it works well. :)

I was running doorscan.js and added it to xtrn_sec.js (in mods/) as per the example in doorscan.txt

I've noticed, that if I rlogin without a door code (normal rlogin), that xtrn_sec is run when I get to the menu, and again when I launch a door. (As expected)

If however, I rlogin with a door code (xtrn=<CODE>), the door is run, but xtrn_sec is not run at all. Should it be executed before the door in this case?

I then thought I'd play with modopts.ini and use the eval_before_exec - to see if it would run the doorscan code.

When I first used
    eval_before_exec = load("../xtrn/doorscan/doorscan.js","run",prog.code);

I noticed SBBS restarted after logging in (assuming it crashed?) and nothing in syslog about it. I have logging set to Debugging.

(After some more debugging, it appears it run 165 times before sbbs restarted - so I guess it looped and ran out of memory?)

If I changed prog.code to prog.name (which should generate an error) - it does generate an error and the door runs just fine.

Should the eval_before_exec() work with doorscan?

...ëîåï

... Gravity doesn`t exist: the earth sucks.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to deon on Wed Jan 20 13:14:18 2021
    Re: doorscan
    By: deon to Digital Man on Wed Jan 20 2021 11:06 pm

DM,

I've setup SBBS as a door server, using rlogin with xtrn=<CODE> to login and execute a game - it works well. :)

I was running doorscan.js and added it to xtrn_sec.js (in mods/) as per the example in doorscan.txt

I've noticed, that if I rlogin without a door code (normal rlogin), that xtrn_sec is run when I get to the menu, and again when I launch a door. (As expected)

If however, I rlogin with a door code (xtrn=<CODE>), the door is run, but xtrn_sec is not run at all. Should it be executed before the door in this case?

No. The xtrn_sec module is a menu where the user can select what external program to run (or none).

I then thought I'd play with modopts.ini and use the eval_before_exec - to see if it would run the doorscan code.

It can if you have the latest sbbs v3.18c with the prextrn module in exec.

When I first used

I noticed SBBS restarted after logging in (assuming it crashed?) and nothing in syslog about it. I have logging set to Debugging.

(After some more debugging, it appears it run 165 times before sbbs restarted - so I guess it looped and ran out of memory?)

If I changed prog.code to prog.name (which should generate an error) - it does generate an error and the door runs just fine.

Yes, if you're using the prextrn module.
    --
    digital man

Sling Blade quote #19:
    Doyle: I can't so much as drink a damn glass of water around a midget
    Norco, CA WX: 69.8øF, 32.0% humidity, 9 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Mortifis@VERT/EPHRAM to deon on Wed Jan 20 23:19:31 2021
    DM,

When I first used

A couple of have 'game server' mods ... I can share my method as an example if you'd like

~mortifis

~Ephram

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Realm of Dispair telnet ephram.synchro.net 2323 ssh 2222 web 82
  • From deon@VERT/ALTERANT to Mortifis on Thu Jan 21 21:44:37 2021
    Re: Re: doorscan
    By: Mortifis to deon on Wed Jan 20 2021 11:19 pm

Howdy,

A couple of have 'game server' mods ... I can share my method as an example if you'd like

Yeah, that would be great, thanks.

I think I have my gameserver working, and I've even got the doorparty connector working (so others could use it), so I'm just going through the motions of loading up games (which I had all over the place - now they are in a single place).

(And this is all running in docker with dosemu, it works well - so if anybody wants to play with my image, let me know, should be easy to use.)

I wanted to get doorscan working, it looks like it keeps track of which doors are used (for me), and then also tells users which doors have been used since they used them last - I thought was a nice feature.

So keen to see your mods, thanks.

...ëîåï

... I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

---
  • From mlong@VERT/INREALM to deon on Sun Jan 24 01:47:17 2021
    Deon, I worked with deuce and digitalman to fix the doorscan crash with file locking. I was updating it to work with prextrn and postxtrn and then started looking into moving it to use jsondb but I got distracted with other things. I could probably share what I've done so far but I didn't think anyone would really be using doorscan because it is somewhat unfinished. It only updates the web page, there is no terminal display of the stats and the user preferences do nothing. It also doesn't have bulletin handling, etc that it asks preferences for.

At this point I think I'm just going to write my own to be part of my custom xtrn menu module..I will make those changes public once I get them written

---
    ­ Synchronet ­ Inner Realm BBS - Charlotte, NC - innerrealmbbs.us
  • From mlong@VERT/INREALM to deon on Sun Jan 24 02:27:06 2021
    deon, I went ahead and committed what I had done

https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/merge_requests/79/diffs

---
    ­ Synchronet ­ Inner Realm BBS - Charlotte, NC - innerrealmbbs.us
  • From deon@VERT/ALTERANT to mlong on Sun Jan 24 17:31:49 2021
    By: mlong to deon on Sun Jan 24 2021 01:47 am

At this point I think I'm just going to write my own to be part of my custom xtrn menu module..I will make those changes public once I get them written

Cool, I'll take a look when you've done it.

...ëîåï

... Graphics recorders will deposit more ink on humans than on paper.

---
  • From deon@VERT/ALTERANT to mlong on Sun Jan 24 17:37:28 2021
    By: mlong to deon on Sun Jan 24 2021 02:27 am

deon, I went ahead and committed what I had done

Thanks, I'll take a look and have a play.

...ëîåï

... I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.

---