• alias.cfg

From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to All on Mon Jan 18 00:19:36 2021
    Another interesting question...

I am trying to leverage alias.cfg to route messages from "alias" addresses, for example, dmarc@caughtinadream.com, to route to an external e-mail address. I have alias.cfg configured as such:

dmarc@* external@domain.com
    postmaster@* external@domain.com

These messages are getting bounced as no user exists by those names with SBBS.

Thoughts?

Dream Master

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - Coming Soon!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Dream Master on Mon Jan 18 02:11:49 2021
    Re: alias.cfg
    By: Dream Master to All on Mon Jan 18 2021 12:19 am

Another interesting question...

I am trying to leverage alias.cfg to route messages from "alias" addresses, for example, dmarc@caughtinadream.com, to route to an external e-mail address. I have alias.cfg configured as such:

dmarc@* external@domain.com
    postmaster@* external@domain.com

These messages are getting bounced as no user exists by those names with SBBS.

Thoughts?

The alias.cfg file is used for destination of inbound SMTP message aliasing. If you want to modify "from" (sender) names or addresses for inbound SMTP, you'd have to use an external mail processor (see exec/mailproc_example.js).
    --
    digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #40:
    Morty the Mime: Come on, don't talk back, mime is money, come on, move it. Norco, CA WX: 61.3øF, 26.0% humidity, 1 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to Digital Man on Mon Jan 18 10:39:48 2021
    Re: alias.cfg
    By: Digital Man to Dream Master on Mon Jan 18 2021 02:11 am

The alias.cfg file is used for destination of inbound SMTP message aliasing. If you want to modify "from" (sender) names or addresses for inbound SMTP, you'd have to use an external mail processor (see exec/mailproc_example.js).
    Thank you. That is aiming me in the right direction.

Much appreciation!

Dream Master

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - Coming Soon!