• Outbound EchoMail Issue

From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to All on Sun Jan 10 23:46:59 2021
    Following a successful configuration of FidoNet and SciNet on my BBS, I noticed that I am receiving just fine but sending is not occurring. I am sending and receiving NetMail just fine to both networks but for the life of me outbound EchoMail is not behaving.

Looking at ../data/sbbsecho.log, I see no non-zero error levels, and I do see EchoMail being exported around the time of messages being written to both FidoNet and SciNet.

Any suggestions, paths to take, or simple guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Dream Master

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - Coming Soon!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Dream Master on Sun Jan 10 23:16:38 2021
    Re: Outbound EchoMail Issue
    By: Dream Master to All on Sun Jan 10 2021 11:46 pm

Following a successful configuration of FidoNet and SciNet on my BBS, I noticed that I am receiving just fine but sending is not occurring. I am sending and receiving NetMail just fine to both networks but for the life of me outbound EchoMail is not behaving.

Looking at ../data/sbbsecho.log, I see no non-zero error levels, and I do see EchoMail being exported around the time of messages being written to both FidoNet and SciNet.

Any suggestions, paths to take, or simple guidance would be appreciated.

The answers are usually there in the logs. If SBBSecho is packetizing the echomail, then look for those packet or bundles files in the outbound directory of the network in question. It could be a mailer issue and have nothing to do with SBBSecho. If it's a mailer (e.g BinkIT? you didn't specify) issue, then start looking at the log output of that program/process.
    --
    digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #1:
    Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven.
    Norco, CA WX: 55.0øF, 32.0% humidity, 3 mph SSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net