• sbbs and virtual comports

From Mortifis@VERT/MUSEUM to All on Sat Dec 26 05:10:03 2020
    I have been using Synchronet 3.16+ (currently using 3.18c) to launch 16 non-fossil doors for a while, which works well, but these doors have specific ports/uarts settings that do not seem to be changed on the fly. I was looking at sbbsecex.ini and was wondering if that file needs to be in the root directory of the door, and, if yes, is there a way to have it setup to get the node # the user is calling the door from so that the door can setup the correct virtual comports/uarts specific to that node, or is that static?

~mortifis

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS Game Server rlogin://alleycat.synchro.net:5513
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Mortifis on Sat Dec 26 15:01:43 2020
    Re: sbbs and virtual comports
    By: Mortifis to All on Sat Dec 26 2020 05:10 am

I have been using Synchronet 3.16+ (currently using 3.18c) to launch 16 non-fossil doors for a while, which works well, but these doors have specific ports/uarts settings that do not seem to be changed on the fly. I was looking at sbbsecex.ini and was wondering if that file needs to be in the root directory of the door, and, if yes, is there a way to have it setup to get the node # the user is calling the door from so that the door can setup the correct virtual comports/uarts specific to that node, or is that static?

You can have an sbbsexec.ini in the startup directory of the door, if you like. But you shouldn't need to. With Synchronet v3, all the doors can use the same port configuration for all nodes.
    --
    digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #1:
    Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven.
    Norco, CA WX: 70.3øF, 40.0% humidity, 10 mph NNE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net