• Tickitcfg import areas

From Nick Young@VERT/TFSI to All on Tue Mar 9 03:57:00 2021
    Hi All,

I know there is some way to import areas into tickit.ini usingg tickitcfg but I can't work out how to - could someone please point me in the right direction?

Nick

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from the TFSI BBS
  • From Al@VERT/TRMB to Nick Young on Mon Mar 8 20:58:35 2021
    Re: Tickitcfg import areas
    By: Nick Young to All on Tue Mar 09 2021 03:57 am

I know there is some way to import areas into tickit.ini usingg tickitcfg but I can't work out how to - could someone please point me in the right direction?

I set my tickit.ini up some time ago before tickitcfg.js. Tickitcfg is a nice way to do it to but you can just edit your tickit.ini yourself. Here's a few areas from my tickit.cfg for you to look at..

[DAILYLIST]
    Dir=FIDO-NODELIST
    Handler=tickit/nodelist_handler.js
    HandlerArg={"domain":"fidonet", "match":"Z1DAILY.Z*", "nlmatch":"Z1DAILY.*"}

[NODELIST]
    Dir=FIDO-NODELIST

[NODEDIFF]
    Dir=FIDO-NODELIST

There are other options you can use also that you can add if needed, but the above will do to import files you get from your links.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Put on your seatbelt - I'm gonna try something new!

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Nick Young@VERT/TFSI to Al on Tue Mar 9 16:50:00 2021
    By: Al to Nick Young on Mon Mar 08 2021 20:58:35

Thanks Al.

When trying to import 200+ areas from FidoNet, this gets a little repetitive.

I was told by Keyop that you can just run init-tickit again it'll read all your file areas and put that into tickit.ini :)

Best,
    Nick

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from the TFSI BBS
  • From Al@VERT/TRMB to Nick Young on Tue Mar 9 15:55:24 2021
    By: Nick Young to Al on Tue Mar 09 2021 04:50 pm

When trying to import 200+ areas from FidoNet, this gets a little repetitive.

I understand. I recall a lot of cut 'n paste when I first set it up. ;)

I was told by Keyop that you can just run init-tickit again it'll read all your file areas and put that into tickit.ini :)

That might be an option, I haven't tried that command so I don't know. I just had a look at that .js and it looks like that is what it does so I think it's worth a try.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... My computer has EMS... Won't you help?

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Rampage@VERT/SESTAR to Al on Wed Mar 10 05:47:36 2021
    By: Al to Nick Young on Tue Mar 09 2021 15:55:24

When trying to import 200+ areas from FidoNet, this gets a little
    repetitive.

I understand. I recall a lot of cut 'n paste when I first set it
    up. ;)

i used grep and cut with output redirected to a file... then i edited that file with a set of macros to handle the repetitive parts... wasn't too hard or painful once i thought about what needed to be done... once it was all
    done and in play, it only takes a second or three to add another area manually or to adjust one that may be slightly off... that was before i did the bit of work i did on tickitcfg which still needed some help from DM to
    correct...

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR