• Oculus Quest 2 VR

From Vlk-451@VERT/INREALM to Nikadimus on Wed Oct 20 21:44:16 2021
    Re: Oculus Quest 2 VR
    By: Nikadimus to Vlk-451 on Thu Jun 10 2021 04:33 pm

Re: Oculus Quest 2 VR
    By: Vlk-451 to All on Tue May 18 2021 13:13:15

I just got myself the Quest 2 for $299 at local retail. I've been stuck in VRChat and with the thing on my face every moment I have off since. It's crazy how good it is for the affordable price. It's like being in a different world. I'm sure the novelty will wear off on me soon, but I am deep in it right now.

þ Crystal Palace, Orbitsville þ

Becareful, if there ever was a device for mind control, your wearing it. I imagine it is made in China. China has thought crimes, China openly practices mind control. I have seen and heard others with the same over embleshied zeal for the device. It seems a bit dangerous. If it picks up human alpha waves, they can tell what emotions are responding with in relation to what your looking at, at that time.

So yes it is possible to use the Occulous to read your mind.

Yes I do realize I am probably full of crap! But it is true that governments, corporations, and religions will take any opportunity to control the general citizenry.

-Nikadimus
    [M @6[M#@6ravenskraft.sytes.net:3000

I don't remember if I replied to this months ago, but I reread it and thought I should quote it again, because I honestly agree with this guy.

---
    þ Posted via InnerRealmBBS þ
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Inner Realm BBS - Charlotte, NC - innerrealmbbs.us
  • From Vlk-451@VERT/MNLOUNGE to Lightman on Fri Oct 21 12:37:03 2022
    Re: Re: Oculus Quest 2 VR
    By: Lightman to Vlk-451 on Thu May 20 2021 00:26:00

I just got myself the Quest 2 for $299 at local retail. I've been stuck in VRChat and with the thing on my face every moment I have off since.

Nice to see the prices coming down. I bought the HTC Vive when it first came out - I think I paid at least 2x, plus had to have a machine that could run it.

When I first got the set, I couldn't take it off either - it felt like I was on the holodeck - lol. Fortunately, I quickly reached the end of what I wanted to play / explore and I took the system down and put it away.

It seemed otherworldly to me, for sure. I am intrigued by the premise, but also a bit trepid of a [future] society full of VR/AR. I'm sure I [we] will adjust, but I don't feel like humanity (at this point) can handle everyone walking around with AR glasses/goggles... each in his own, separate state of consciousness (perhaps one could argue that this exists today).

Now that the honey moon phase is over for me, I have barely touched it either. Someitmes VRChat can be a fun place to escape and talk to random. Pavlov can get me an experiance I could only replicate playing paintball or doing legit training with safety rounds or rubber bullets.

Still, It's not as fun as it was or as big a focus for me, especially with a lot of the hype dying down and Meta going out of their way to tank the industry by throwing everything into a product that no one wants.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Midnight Lounge :: Panama City Beach, FL (midnightlounge.online)
  • From Vlk-451@VERT/MNLOUNGE to Andeddu on Fri Oct 21 12:40:31 2022
    By: Andeddu to Vlk-451 on Wed Jul 14 2021 17:34:11

By: Vlk-451 to Lightman on Mon Jul 12 2021 09:39 am

I'm not sure Virtuality will be that big of a paradime shift from Smartphones, but the confusion of when someone is in netspace or meatspace will get confusing for sure.

I haven't had much of a chance to use VR so it's still an intriguing technology to me. I was recently able to pick up a PS5 so I will definitely purchase PSVR2 when it's eventually released. I really would like to see big AAA games such as Cyberpunk 2077 adapted for VR.

Shooting and attacking is so wildly different in so many of these experiances, I always want something that models realistic firing mechanics so every time I get something that doesn't do that my disappointment is immesurable, exceptions being classic games adapted to VR like Half-life and Doom.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Midnight Lounge :: Panama City Beach, FL (midnightlounge.online)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Vlk-451 on Sat Oct 22 08:48:00 2022
    Vlk-451 wrote to Andeddu <=-

Shooting and attacking is so wildly different in so many of these experiances, I always want something that models realistic firing mechanics so every time I get something that doesn't do that my disappointment is immesurable, exceptions being classic games adapted
    to VR like Half-life and Doom.

Realistic air combat games seem pretty wild in VR. There's a guy called "Growling Sidewinder" on YouTube that has lots of videos playing DCS with a full VR rig. Being able to look behind you by turning your head seems game- changing.

... Have you ever seen anything like this place?
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.