From Vague@VERT/VAGUEBBS to Boraxman on Wed Feb 10 01:29:00 2021
    Boraxman wrote to Dream Master <=-

Dream Master wrote to Gamgee <=-

@MSGID: <60228F74.1178.dove-debate@caughtinadream.com>
    @REPLY: <6020B19F.3933.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>
    Re: Re: move to Canada they s
    By: Gamgee to Dumas Walker on
    Sun Feb 07 2021 09:01 pm

Nowadays the Dem's goal is to have everybody equally poor and miserable. Except the "ruling class elite", of course.

I believe what you are saying is a poor mischaracterization of the Democrat Party goal. Why can't we level the playing field? Why can't
    we bring up the poor and bring down the rich? Why should multi-millionaires command more authority in this country than that of
    the lower to middle class? How much money is too much, how little
    money is too little? Leveling the playing field allows all of us to
    have a say in our government process, a say in how we live, and a say
    in how we ensure everyone is protected.

We can do that. It's just the Dems aren't. They are putting Big Tech
    in power, the captain of industry, the (powerful) identity politics groups. They demonise the working Trump voters and call them
    terrorists.

Their party goal is clearly, judging from their actions, the
    maintenance of a liberal world order and the reign of a elite
    consisting of those already rich and powerful.

When I judge a political party, I don't look at what they put on the label, but rather the contents of the bottle, which is usually
    something completely different.

Problem is, you pretty obviously only see what you want to see.

... That's just incredible! As in... it's just not credible.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ VAGUE BBS - Vague.ddns.net - Telnet:23/SSH:22/RLogin:513
  • From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to Boraxman on Wed Feb 10 07:35:45 2021
    By: Boraxman to Dream Master on Tue Feb 09 2021 11:06 pm

We can do that. It's just the Dems aren't. They are putting Big Tech in power, the captain of industry, the (powerful) identity politics groups. They demonise the working Trump voters and call them terrorists.

Where is the world going? It isn't going the route of fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processes, traditional data centers, to name a few. Big Tech, I believe, is a mischaracterisation of modern business practices. Changing the way we do (things, processes, methods) is the only way to advance in the world. Continuing our focus on traditional models is only going to hurt and not help us.

Brian Klauss <-> Dream Master
    Caught in a Dream | caughtinadream.com a Synchronet BBS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com
  • From Dr. What@VERT/DMINE to Tracker1 on Wed Feb 10 08:48:00 2021
    Tracker1 wrote to Dr. What <=-

I'm not suggesting price controls, only constraints that ensure some
    level of licensure and competition.

"Constraints" = "Price controls"

Oh, you mean like lack of patents on software prevented software from being written?

Software is covered under copyright.

... New religion? I haven't used up the old one, yet!
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Dr. What@VERT/DMINE to Dumas Walker on Wed Feb 10 09:55:00 2021
    Dumas Walker wrote to GAMGEE <=-

Exactly. They would rather take the middle class down than raise the
    poor up. Probably because it is easier.

Especially for Lefties. They are completely unable to create. They only
    know how to destroy.

... Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark.
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Dream Master on Wed Feb 10 13:16:43 2021
    By: Dream Master to Boraxman on Wed Feb 10 2021 07:35 am

By: Boraxman to Dream Master on Tue Feb 09 2021 11:06 pm

We can do that. It's just the Dems aren't. They are putting Big Tech in power, the captain of industry, the (powerful) identity politics groups They demonise the working Trump voters and call them terrorists.

Where is the world going? It isn't going the route of fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processes, traditional data centers, to name a few. Big Tech, believe, is a mischaracterisation of modern business practices. Changing th way we do (things, processes, methods) is the only way to advance in the wor Continuing our focus on traditional models is only going to hurt and not hel us.

I fail to see how such declaration is related to Boraxman's.

If you think giving power to Amazon and Facebook while independent stores and websites shrink is the way to go and abbandon fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processers and traditional data centers, I suspect you are setting yourself up for a hard disappointment.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Dr. What on Wed Feb 10 13:23:54 2021
    By: Dr. What to Tracker1 on Wed Feb 10 2021 08:48 am

Oh, you mean like lack of patents on software prevented software from being written?

Software is covered under copyright.

Things that are important enough don't get patented. When you patent some industrial property you have to disclose information about it, and you usually don't want to do that if the property in question is really groundbreaking.

What you do is to develop $thing.

Then you rent $thing or offer the services of $thing without disclosing how it works (or often, that you even have it).

This is how many powerful industrial sectors have been operating, including electric power generation. A lot of hardware in certain powerplants is not the property of the powerplant, but it is leased, and nobody but the leaser knows how it works inside.

With software, we are going to get the same thing. Instead of having an office program in your computer, you will be renting it and running it from some cloud system, and only the service operator will have a copy of the software or know how it works.

I don't think copyright or patent laws matter *that much* when it comes to industrial applications, but lacking a semblance of them would put more tech development in the underground.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to Arelor on Wed Feb 10 20:06:25 2021
    By: Arelor to Dream Master on Wed Feb 10 2021 01:16 pm

If you think giving power to Amazon and Facebook while independent stores and websites shrink is the way to go and abbandon fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processers and traditional data centers, I suspect you are setting yourself up for a hard disappointment.

Times are changing and we need to move with it. If we keep putting up walls around progress we will be left behind.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Dream Master on Thu Feb 11 06:11:00 2021
    Dream Master wrote to Boraxman <=-

@MSGID: <6023EF41.1224.dove-debate@caughtinadream.com>
    @REPLY: <60232C2A.20313.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>
    By: Boraxman to Dream Master on
    Tue Feb 09 2021 11:06 pm

We can do that. It's just the Dems aren't. They are putting Big Tech in power, the captain of industry, the (powerful) identity politics groups. They demonise the working Trump voters and call them terrorists.

Where is the world going? It isn't going the route of fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processes, traditional data centers, to name a
    few. Big Tech, I believe, is a mischaracterisation of modern business practices. Changing the way we do (things, processes, methods) is the only way to advance in the world. Continuing our focus on traditional models is only going to hurt and not help us.

The world will change, but what you can't do is presume to know what that change should be. That is what our "ruling elite" do, they pronounce things like the "Great Reset", say it's just how things are going to be, and we end up being conned into accepting a future of their chosing, not one of ours.

The problem I have with "Big Tech", or modern business practices, is that people are presuming to know what is right or wrong, what should be done. Business push Social Justice, social change, denounce this or that, but how do they know how this will all end up? They don't. No one actually know what values we need, what should be considered good or bad, right or wrong. We can only do this by trial and error, through making small changes, corrections and evaluations. But what Liberalism does, is it just proclaims things like "The nation state is obsolete" or "the future is a gig economy" but has no idea how this will end up.

Traditionalism is actually not about stagnation, but in not presuming that individual human beings can unlaterally dictate successfully a new culture, or morals. We learn through trial and error, through experience.

The alliance I talked about is seeking to limit anyone that questions them, to denouce any other worldviews as "evil", as if somehow they have prognosticated into the future what would happen if we did actually have a populist leader of an establishment one.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org
  • From Dr. What@VERT/DMINE to Arelor on Fri Feb 12 08:44:00 2021
    Arelor wrote to Dr. What <=-

What you do is to develop $thing.

Then you rent $thing or offer the services of $thing without disclosing how it works (or often, that you even have it).

This is how many powerful industrial sectors have been operating, including electric power generation. A lot of hardware in certain powerplants is not the property of the powerplant, but it is leased,
    and nobody but the leaser knows how it works inside.

The risk with that is that if someone on the inside leaks the information,
    you have no legal recourse when another company uses that information
    in their own products. You can go after the leaker, of course, if you can
    find him.

With software, we are going to get the same thing. Instead of having an office program in your computer, you will be renting it and running it from some cloud system, and only the service operator will have a copy
    of the software or know how it works.

Software was always an interesting thing in this area.

I don't think copyright or patent laws matter *that much* when it comes
    to industrial applications, but lacking a semblance of them would put
    more tech development in the underground.

Right. And that hits on the reason for copyright/patents: If they didn't exist many people simply wouldn't release their inventions - or wouldn't make
    them in the first place.

With copyright/patents, people can create, release the information, but maintain control of that information for a period of time - for their benefit. But after the time limit is up, the information can be used by anyone
    to build off of - and create something even better.

One of the problems is that copyright lasts **way** too long (Thanks Disney). But that's another topic.

... Honesty pays, but not enough for some.
  • From Dr. What@VERT/DMINE to Arelor on Fri Feb 12 09:51:00 2021
    Arelor wrote to Dream Master <=-

If you think giving power to Amazon and Facebook while independent
    stores and websites shrink is the way to go and abbandon fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processers and traditional data centers, I suspect you are setting yourself up for a hard disappointment.

That's why Lefties are always so angry: Reality refuses to go along with
    their false Narrative.

... Life is a game. Money is how we keep score.
  • From Vague@VERT/VAGUEBBS to Dr. What on Sat Feb 13 01:05:00 2021
    Dr. What wrote to Arelor <=-

@VIA: VERT/DMINE
    @MSGID: <6026ABA7.42968.dove-debate@dmine.net>
    @REPLY: <6024311B.4058.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>
    Arelor wrote to Dream Master <=-

If you think giving power to Amazon and Facebook while independent
    stores and websites shrink is the way to go and abbandon fossil fuels, legacy manufacturing processers and traditional data centers, I suspect you are setting yourself up for a hard disappointment.

That's why Lefties are always so angry: Reality refuses to go along
    with their false Narrative.

"Lefties"... yeah, whoever that is.

What's the weather like out there on Fantasy Island?

... Your inability to understand something is not a valid argument against it. --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ VAGUE BBS - Vague.ddns.net - Telnet:23/SSH:22/RLogin:513