• Re: Social media shows th

From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Boraxman on Tue Feb 9 22:49:54 2021
    Re: Re: Social media shows th
    By: Boraxman to Andeddu on Tue Feb 09 2021 11:01 pm

Ben Shapiro comes accross as being "on the spectrum", so to speak. That statement, that facts don't care about feelings is a troubling one. Humans have this concept of decorum, of politness, and it is USUAL to hide facts, not point them out, in respect of other peoples dignity.

in the situations where he says this people are trying to bend the truth or outright lie by making vague accusations.

look then say "facts don't care about your feelings" if you don't want it discussed. ITs like when Ben was confronting Zoey Tur and kept harping on about how Caitlny (And Zoey) are genetically male. In Ben's mind this is like some new imposition, and he can't seem to comprehend that it is no big deal to just call her "she" and move on, that politeness is not delusion.

so are you saying shapiro handled that wrong? because "hanna zoey tur" grabbed him and threatened him.

trans people have mental disorders and they need treatment. they have a high suicide rate and often regret their operations. they have a gender identity disorder. we shouldnt play into their bullshit. i'm not say be mean to them but i'm not going to play their game.

I think Conservatives need a bit more self-awareness of how they come accross.

people need more action and less bullshit.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Vague@VERT/VAGUEBBS to Andeddu on Wed Feb 10 00:39:00 2021
    Andeddu wrote to MRO <=-

By: MRO to poindexter FORTRAN on Sat Feb 06 2021 06:01 pm

But .. what happened to the MAGA mantra of "Fuck your feelings" ? Does that not apply?

You're the first person I have ever heard express that.

THEY PRINTED T-SHIRTS THAT SAID "FUCK YOUR FEELINGS".

who is 'they'? the democrats pretending to be trump supporters for tv?

i never heard of fuck your feelings.

Perhaps they mean "FACTS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS" which is a
    phrase often said by Ben Shapiro? That's the only similar phrase I can think of.

So, either you've been oblivious to the world around you for months, or being willfully ignorant. Either makes you look really bad.

It really doesn't matter, though, because no matter what you say objective reality still exists... and it contradicts your claims.

... Your inability to understand something is not a valid argument against it. --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ VAGUE BBS - Vague.ddns.net - Telnet:23/SSH:22/RLogin:513
  • From Vague@VERT/VAGUEBBS to MRO on Wed Feb 10 01:33:00 2021
    MRO wrote to Boraxman <=-

And then MR immediately proved Boraxmans point for him. lmao

... That's just incredible! As in... it's just not credible.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ VAGUE BBS - Vague.ddns.net - Telnet:23/SSH:22/RLogin:513
  • From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to Matthew on Wed Feb 10 07:21:23 2021
    By: Matthew to Dream Master on Tue Feb 09 2021 02:25 pm

was selling trump flags for 10$, biden flags for 20$. Just did a search and found a "fuck your feelings" flag from Ohio for 5$.

LOL ... I'm going to say this and I know I'm going to get grief for it, but...

See, us damn lefties are trying to profit off of Biden winning. We're trying to screw people out of their money!

Brian Klauss <-> Dream Master
    Caught in a Dream | caughtinadream.com a Synchronet BBS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com
  • From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to Boraxman on Wed Feb 10 07:30:29 2021

I'm going to point out one of their t-shirts and posters, "Fuck Your Feelings!"

They simply don't care. The traditional conservative agenda is protection of self not that of others. Sadly, they're demonstrating that they do have feelings when their "Great Leader" fairly and legally lost the election.

Brian Klauss <-> Dream Master
    Caught in a Dream | caughtinadream.com a Synchronet BBS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to MRO on Thu Feb 11 04:04:00 2021

@MSGID: <602365F2.1535.dove-deb@bbses.info>
    @REPLY: <60232C28.20312.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>

Ben Shapiro comes accross as being "on the spectrum", so to speak. That statement, that facts don't care about feelings is a troubling one. Humans have this concept of decorum, of politness, and it is USUAL to hide facts, not point them out, in respect of other peoples dignity.

in the situations where he says this people are trying to bend the
    truth or outright lie by making vague accusations.

look then say "facts don't care about your feelings" if you don't want it discussed. ITs like when Ben was confronting Zoey Tur and kept harping on about how Caitlny (And Zoey) are genetically male. In Ben's mind this is like some new imposition, and he can't seem to comprehend that it is no big deal to just call her "she" and move on, that politeness is not delusion.

so are you saying shapiro handled that wrong? because "hanna zoey tur" grabbed him and threatened him.

That physical action wasn't right, I agree.

trans people have mental disorders and they need treatment. they have a high suicide rate and often regret their operations. they have a
    gender identity disorder. we shouldnt play into their bullshit. i'm
    not say be mean to them but i'm not going to play their game.

I do realise there are many toxic SJW's, and some of these fringe ideas, such as removing gendered language, replacing "Woman" with "birthing parent", etc, are deplorable. SJW's on the most part, are bad faith actors.

Self-delusion happens all the time, on a daily basis. We pretend that X is really Y all the time just to keep the system going.

If we are going to start being pedantic, why stop here? Why start here?

Jordan Peterson takes a better approach to this issue IMO.

Agreed.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Dream Master on Thu Feb 11 04:45:00 2021
    Dream Master wrote to Boraxman <=-

@MSGID: <6023EE05.1223.dove-debate@caughtinadream.com>
    @REPLY: <60232C28.20312.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>
    By: Boraxman to Andeddu on
    Tue Feb 09 2021 11:01 pm

I'm going to point out one of their t-shirts and posters, "Fuck Your Feelings!"

They simply don't care. The traditional conservative agenda is
    protection of self not that of others. Sadly, they're demonstrating
    that they do have feelings when their "Great Leader" fairly and legally lost the election.

Modern conservatism is a bit of a confused cesspit. Actually, American politics is a cesspit in general. Conservatives are reactionaries who counter the Liberals lead, and they aren't really conservatives at all, much in the way that the modern Liberal isn't a liberal, but an authoritarian.

I can respect the view of Conservatives like Roger Scruton, Patrick Deneen and Douglas Murray, but republican party free market full-of-bravado conservatism like Hannity, is nauseating. Whatever legitimate points that Milo Yiannopoulous made was overshadows by his trollish, abrasive persona.

I do agree with the conservative principles of personal responsibility, having a community, less government intervention. It's just that some people mangle these ideas.

• From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Boraxman on Thu Feb 11 23:55:16 2021
    By: Boraxman to MRO on Thu Feb 11 2021 04:04 am

grabbed him and threatened him.

that is not a physical action; that is a physical assault. if someone grabbed me in that manner it would be a precursor for a fight.

high suicide rate and often regret their operations. they have a gender identity disorder. we shouldnt play into their bullshit. i'm not say be mean to them but i'm not going to play their game.

I do realise there are many toxic SJW's, and some of these fringe ideas, such as removing gendered language, replacing "Woman" with "birthing parent", etc, are deplorable. SJW's on the most part, are bad faith actors.

Self-delusion happens all the time, on a daily basis. We pretend that X is really Y all the time just to keep the system going.

we really need to help these people. i'm concerned. we shouldnt be enablers to their mental illness. there's a high suicide rate. we are turning it into something it's not.
    ---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to MRO on Sat Feb 13 00:37:00 2021

@MSGID: <60261844.1595.dove-deb@bbses.info>
    @REPLY: <6024CEC7.20385.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>
    By: Boraxman to MRO on Thu Feb 11 2021 04:04 am

grabbed him and threatened him.

that is not a physical action; that is a physical assault. if someone grabbed me in that manner it would be a precursor for a fight.

high suicide rate and often regret their operations. they have a gender identity disorder. we shouldnt play into their bullshit. i'm not say be mean to them but i'm not going to play their game.

we really need to help these people. i'm concerned. we shouldnt be enablers to their mental illness. there's a high suicide rate. we are turning it into something it's not. ---

Its a tough one, because saying the wrong thing can cost you your job in this authoritarian, PC theocracy.

But I'll say this, I do agree that we should offer the most effective help we can, and that the best solution is the effective one with the least deleterious outcome. It is very concerning that people are required to believe that the answer is always a sex change, and that there might not be something else going on.

A lot of people are going to have their lives irrevokably damaged from this.

• From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Boraxman on Fri Feb 12 13:34:10 2021
    By: Boraxman to MRO on Sat Feb 13 2021 12:37 am

Its a tough one, because saying the wrong thing can cost you your job in thi authoritarian, PC theocracy.

I guess somebody is going to say you are over dramatizing, so let's just throw some piece of news here to back your affirmation (if you don't mind)

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/carano-firing-exposes-obscene-double-standard s.html

"Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian [...] Lucasfilm announced this evening that the actress is no longer employed by the studio, nor do they have plans to work with her in the future. This comes in the wake of some Instagram posts Carano made earlier on Wednesday (which have now been deleted), one of which was a re-post from a different Instagram account comparing the plight of being a conservative actor in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust"

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Arelor on Sat Feb 13 22:57:59 2021
    By: Arelor to Boraxman on Fri Feb 12 2021 01:34 pm

Its a tough one, because saying the wrong thing can cost you your job in authoritarian, PC theocracy.

I guess somebody is going to say you are over dramatizing, so let's just thr some piece of news here to back your affirmation (if you don't mind)

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/carano-firing-exposes-obscene-double-stand s.html

"Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian [...] Lucasfilm announced t evening that the actress is no longer employed by the studio, nor do they ha plans to work with her in the future. This comes in the wake of some Instagr posts Carano made earlier on Wednesday (which have now been deleted), one of which was a re-post from a different Instagram account comparing the plight being a conservative actor in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust

--

The media just had to spin it, didn't they. She didn't compare being a conserv ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust. She was just saying that there were similar patterns in motivation. That is a different thing.

I heard someone say that we should consider Established Media the way we consider the Tobacco Lobby these days, and he wasn't wrong.

They truly are gutter dwelling trash.

---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Boraxman on Sat Feb 13 13:57:41 2021
    By: Boraxman to Arelor on Sat Feb 13 2021 10:57 pm

Its a tough one, because saying the wrong thing can cost you your job in authoritarian, PC theocracy.

I guess somebody is going to say you are over dramatizing, so let's just thr some piece of news here to back your affirmation (i
    you don't mind)

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/carano-firing-exposes-obscene-double-stand s.html

"Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian [...] Lucasfilm announced t evening that the actress is no longer employed by t
    studio, nor do they ha plans to work with her in the future. This comes in the wake of some Instagr posts Carano made earlier on
    Wednesday (which have now been deleted), one of which was a re-post from a different Instagram account comparing the plight bei
    a conservative actor in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust

--

The media just had to spin it, didn't they. She didn't compare being a conserv ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the
    holocaust. She was just saying that there were similar patterns in motivation. That is a different thing.

I heard someone say that we should consider Established Media the way we consider the Tobacco Lobby these days, and he wasn't wrong

Relatedly, Gina has been recently hired to appear in some e film so her career is far from over :-)

"Carano says: "I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have
    only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can't cancel
    us if we don't let them."

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/news-eddie-murphy-new-carano-movie-face-off-2.html

Frankly, I am growing increasingly disgusting at Disney and its subsidiary films.

--

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BORAXMAN on Sun Feb 14 10:12:00 2021
    The media just had to spin it, didn't they. She didn't compare being a conserv
    ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust. She was just saying >that there were similar patterns in motivation. That is a different thing.

What she actually said, if the source I read can be trusted, was that the
    Nazis convinced the non-Jewish public that the Jews were bad first, which
    then caused some of the public to do their dirty work for them. I would
    add that it also made it easier for the Nazis to do the rest of their dirty work later without as many non-Jews putting up resistance.

Her comparision was between the Nazi-run press of the 1930's and the leftist-run US press of today. Both demonize/ed types of people in order
    to sway public opinion against those types of people. There is little
    doubt that is going on here now. We need to watch out for what could come next.

* SLMR 2.1a * A distant ship, smoke on the horizon....

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sun Feb 14 14:59:02 2021
    By: Dumas Walker to BORAXMAN on Sun Feb 14 2021 10:12 am

ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust. She was just saying >that there were similar patterns in motivation. That is a different thing.

What she actually said, if the source I read can be trusted, was that the Nazis convinced the non-Jewish public that the Jews were bad first, which then caused some of the public to do their dirty work for them. I would
    add that it also made it easier for the Nazis to do the rest of their dirty work later without as many non-Jews putting up resistance.

the thing is, the jews were a minority over there but they took over everything.

everthing was in shambles and that is what allowed hitler to take over.
    he made a lot of huge improvements. pregnant women were given free healthcare, huge interest rates on loans were outlawed. tons of stuff.
    unemployment improved. programs were created to protect the environment.

pretty much everything hitler did was an improvement because germany was so bad back then. they were also all addicted to meth.

the genocide and sending jews to palestine was the shitty stuff.
    ---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Arelor on Mon Feb 15 10:01:00 2021
    Arelor wrote to Boraxman <=-

@MSGID: <60282F35.4146.dove-debate@palantirbbs.ddns.net>
    @REPLY: <6027BEC7.20441.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>
    By: Boraxman to Arelor on
    Sat Feb 13 2021 10:57 pm

Its a tough one, because saying the wrong thing can cost you your job
    i
    n authoritarian, PC theocracy.

I guess somebody is going to say you are over dramatizing, so let's just
    t
    hr some piece of news here to back your affirmation (i
    you don't mind)

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/carano-firing-exposes-obscene-double-sta
    nd s.html

"Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian [...] Lucasfilm
    announced
    t evening that the actress is no longer employed by t
    studio, nor do they ha plans to work with her in the future. This comes
    in
    the wake of some Instagr posts Carano made earlier on
    Wednesday (which have now been deleted), one of which was a re-post from
    a
    different Instagram account comparing the plight bei
    a conservative actor in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust

--

The media just had to spin it, didn't they. She didn't compare being a
    conse
    rv ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the
    holocaust. She was just saying that there were similar patterns in
    motivatio
    n. That is a different thing.

I heard someone say that we should consider Established Media the way we
    cons
    ider the Tobacco Lobby these days, and he wasn't wrong

Relatedly, Gina has been recently hired to appear in some e film so her career is far from over :-)

"Carano says: "I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only
    just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I
    hope it inspires others to do the same. They can't cancel us if we
    don't let them."

http://www.manlymovie.net/2021/02/news-eddie-murphy-new-carano-movie-fac e-off-2.html

Frankly, I am growing increasingly disgusting at Disney and its
    subsidiary films.

Me too, and you can lump in a lot of the corporate world in that bucket. The more they talk of their "values", the more evil they become. It isn't just that she was fired, it was also that the media were happy to lie and misrepresent her. There is truly a lot of corruption in American leadership positions.

Good to see she still has options. I have no opinion one way or the other in term of her acting skills, but if cancellation brings new opportunities, it makes the threats less effective.

• From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Dumas Walker on Mon Feb 15 10:17:00 2021
    Dumas Walker wrote to BORAXMAN <=-

@MSGID: <60294891.22360.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>
    @REPLY: <6027BEC7.20441.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>

ative in Hollywood to being Jewish during the holocaust. She was just saying
    that there were similar patterns in motivation. That is a different thing.

What she actually said, if the source I read can be trusted, was that
    the Nazis convinced the non-Jewish public that the Jews were bad first, which then caused some of the public to do their dirty work for them.
    I would add that it also made it easier for the Nazis to do the rest of their dirty work later without as many non-Jews putting up resistance.

Her comparision was between the Nazi-run press of the 1930's and the leftist-run US press of today. Both demonize/ed types of people in
    order to sway public opinion against those types of people. There is little doubt that is going on here now. We need to watch out for what could come next.

Thats what I read from her tweet, a warning of what type of thinking can lead to. The demonisation was more than just demonisation, it had to involve demonising anyone who supported the Jews, or those who were neutral on the matter. You see, it wasn't just the Jews they were after, it was any German who might be construed as being on their side. So people were afraid to speak up, and because few spoke it, it APPEARED that the population was with the Nazis. With the population scared to speak up, there is little opposition.

There is another aspect, and that is the importance of the mission. Communism and Nazism made it as if there a massive existential threat. That we were at a crossroads, and the fate of humanity hung in the balance. They didn't just make out Jews to be troublesome, the SURVIVAL of the nation was at stake. Look at how leftists talk of this supposed bigotry causing genocide. They make out as if right wing views are killing people by the thousands, and imperiling us all. This drives justification, an urgency, it makes taking a life the lesser evil.

Time and time again I see rhetoric which would easily justify murder later on, and its a worry, it really is.

• From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BORAXMAN on Mon Feb 15 14:33:00 2021
    There is another aspect, and that is the importance of the mission. Communism >and Nazism made it as if there a massive existential threat. That we were at a
    crossroads, and the fate of humanity hung in the balance. They didn't just >make out Jews to be troublesome, the SURVIVAL of the nation was at stake. Look
    at how leftists talk of this supposed bigotry causing genocide. They make out >as if right wing views are killing people by the thousands, and imperiling us >all. This drives justification, an urgency, it makes taking a life the lesser >evil.

Time and time again I see rhetoric which would easily justify murder later on, >and its a worry, it really is.

Agreed. Maybe not at this minute but if we ever swerve too far left,
    towards communism or some other collective "greater good" path, there will
    be trouble for those who do not comply.

* SLMR 2.1a * "You've stolen my soul!" - Granpa Simpson

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Dumas Walker on Tue Feb 16 21:49:00 2021
    Dumas Walker wrote to BORAXMAN <=-

@MSGID: <602ADF73.22398.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>
    @REPLY: <6029B2A1.20490.dove-deb@bbs.mozysswamp.org>
    There is another aspect, and that is the importance of the mission. Communism
    and Nazism made it as if there a massive existential threat. That we were at a

crossroads, and the fate of humanity hung in the balance. They didn't just
    make out Jews to be troublesome, the SURVIVAL of the nation was at stake. Look

at how leftists talk of this supposed bigotry causing genocide. They make out
    as if right wing views are killing people by the thousands, and imperiling us
    all. This drives justification, an urgency, it makes taking a life the lesser
    evil.

Time and time again I see rhetoric which would easily justify murder later on,
    and its a worry, it really is.

Agreed. Maybe not at this minute but if we ever swerve too far left, towards communism or some other collective "greater good" path, there
    will be trouble for those who do not comply.

The "Communist-Capitalist" dichotomy or axis is not useful as an explanatory model anymore. It is clear that Capitalist entities, CEO's, large companies, big finance, big tech are on the same side as the "communists". Using the term implies that the point of difference is public vs private ownership of the means of capital, and public vs private renting of people, but that isn't the debate.

This is part of why I think conservatives are losing, many are still fighting the ideological war of the 1940s and 1950s, and are obsolete.

Woke activists aren't really concerned about this.

What they are is closer to a religion.

• From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Boraxman on Wed Feb 17 17:41:58 2021
    By: Boraxman to Dumas Walker on Tue Feb 16 2021 09:49 pm

This is part of why I think conservatives are losing, many are still fighting the ideological war of the 1940s and 1950s, and are obsolete.

Woke activists aren't really concerned about this.

you mean people with blue and purple hair that dont have jobs?
    ---