• e-uae

From esc@39:902/506 to All on Tue Sep 28 23:10:31 2010
    I've been looking for some info about E-UAE. Specifically, I'm using linux, but doubt that it matters much.

Basically, I've been searching the interwebs looking for a guide for setting
    up a complete E-UAE emulated environment for ... well, an Amiga noob. :)

I've got my .uaerc or whatever it's called booting up a 3.1 rom, with key, emulated 68020, and mounting System and Work drives (which are actual local dirs). In this emulated environment, I've installed wb3.1 with everything included in the 5 disks. Or is it 4? Anyway...

My next task is getting a web browser on there, tunneling incoming and
    outgoing connections, etc. This is where I'm running into some issues. Is there a FAQ or a guide out there? My eventual goal is to have a standalone telnet bbs running on there just for fun, accepting connections at some odd port that I can just mess with. Anyway, I appreciate any and all help...

-esc

--- DayDream BBS/UNIX (Linux) 2.15a
    * Origin: ..montereybbs.com.. ..daydream.linux.. (39:902/506)
  • From Stephen Walsh@39:901/281 to esc on Tue Oct 26 17:28:05 2010

On Tuesday September 28 2010, Esc said to All:

My next task is getting a web browser on there, tunneling incoming and outgoing connections, etc. This is where I'm running into some issues.
    Is there a FAQ or a guide out there? My eventual goal is to have a standalone telnet bbs running on there just for fun, accepting
    connections at some odd port that I can just mess with. Anyway, I appreciate any and all help...

The first step. Have you got 'bsd socket' emulation compiled into the euae binary?

Out going connections, ala webbrowser will then just work. The hard part is getting inbound going.

With euae using the builtin networking support of the Linux host, you dont use/need native amiga tcp/ip software. To get telnetd or telserd going for inbound you have to:

1. Make the euae binary setuid root (if binding to the default telnet port)
    on the linux side.

2. Start/setup inetd to run on the amiga side, with either one of the telnet deamon's and then have them pass the connection onto the amiga software you using.

Stephen

-- Vorlon --

This BBS is still in testing, as isn't live yet.
    Rocking Amiganet with Zeus BBS.

--- Zeus BBS 1.5
    * Origin: -:-- Dragon's Lair BBS --:- Telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net (39:901/281.0)