• Commodore Free, Issue 52 - Part Three

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Mon Aug 22 15:04:21 2011
    * 20GB or larger hard disk drive on Cyberstorm PPC SCSI or internal IDE port

* 256MB RAM (Blizzard PPC only)

Notes: Radeon graphics cards support limited to Mediator PCI busboards only at present- this will possibly be extended to Prometheus PCI in future updates.

AMIGA MANIA #1 HUNGARIAN AMIGA
    PDF MAGAZINE RELEASED

I'm extremely proud to introduce my long-awaited dream as it became reality at last. A new Hungarian Amiga magazine, In the first release (36 colour pages) will be a mixture of articles: interviews, tech. solutions, serious apps and games.

You can find the first issue in PDF here:
    http://amigamania.amigaspirit.hu

Enjoy.

Reynolds

FFMPEG

FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. FFmpeg can also convert from any sample rate to any other and resize video on the fly with a high quality polyphase filter.

http://aminet.net/gfx/conv/ffmpeg-gita52f598-m68k.lha

DISCREETFX CELEBRATES 16TH BIRTHDAY
    & LAUNCHES PROJECT METROPOLIS

PRESS RELEASE

Date: June 6th, 2011

This announcement already went out by telegraph on accident and is burning up the wires so we are also releasing it here one day early. To Celebrate it's 16th Birthday DiscreetFX is once again helping the Amiga community by
    Launching Project Metropolis.

http://www.discreetfx.com/ProjectMetropolis.html

What is Project Metropolis you might ask? It is a Instant Download Application Storefront for Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS, AROS and Classic Amiga. We will not only sell our own applications there, we will sell 3rd party programs as well.
    A very generous revenue share has been setup for the developer and is paid monthly.

* 3rd Party developer gets 80%

* DiscreetFX gets 20%

The application approval process is very easy and the market will decide which apps are good or bad not DiscreetFX. Now, finally customers will have a
    central place to buy and Instantly Download their Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS, AROS and Classic Amiga apps. Developers can focus on creating their great applications and even games, then be confidant users will actually see them since there will be a quick cloud based solution for customers to buy them.

Welcome to the unified future of buying all your Amiga OS4.x, MorphOS, AROS & Classic Amiga commercial applications in one place. Free programs are of
    course available from AmiNet like they have been for many years.

If you are a developer and wish to contact us about this venture please use
    the link below. Great developers and DiscreetFX partnering together is what will make this a fantastic success.

www.discreetfx.com/contact.html

ABOUT DISCREETFX

Want to see DiscreetFX's effects software in action? Turn on your television, we have been creating visual effects software products for editors and
    creative professionals for over 15 years. DiscreetFX creates Real-time transitions and effects seen on over 100 television programs including Blind Date, 5th Wheel, Shipmates and many more! You can also see DiscreetFX software used on the following networks HBO, Showtime, Discovery Channel, PBS, Fox and more!

DiscreetFX is privately owned visual effects startup and based in Chicago, Illinois. For more information, please visit:

www.discreetfx.com.

DIGITAL AUDIO CONCEPTS

USEFUL PRODUCTS FOR YOUR COMMODORE 64/128

Welcome to the Digital Audio Concepts web store. Here you will find a few products we have for sale. Just select what you want with the options on the right. When you're done, just click "Checkout". Product appearance may vary slightly from the photos shown here.

After lots of late nights in front of my PCB layout and schematic editor programs, I've finally got my internal Stereo SID board to a point where it is ready to sell. Anyone who wants one, just head over to my new storefront, located at:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/

Available fully assembled or as a parts + PCB kit; users will need to specify what machine the board will be used in, plus a few other options.

INTERNAL STEREO SID BOARD FOR THE COMMODORE 64 AND 128

This is a compact, feature-filled dual-SID board, designed to provide a proper way to mount a second SID inside your C64 or C128 without resorting to the old piggyback hack. Easy no-solder installation. Variations available to fit most C64 and C128 computers. Get yours today!

SID SYMPHONY II CARTRIDGE

If you'd rather not open your C64 or 128, and have an expansion port free, we also offer an external cartridge option: The SID Symphony II. Designed to be
    as simple to use as possible, this cartridge is built for a 6581 SID, and
    works with any software that can access a SID chip anywhere in the $DE00 to $DFE0 address range. Sized to fit standard Commodore 64/128 case shells (such as those sold by Protovision or Vesalia Online).

DIGIMAX CARD

If the beautiful analogue sound of the SID chip isn't suitable, maybe it's
    time to go digital instead? For this, we've created the DigiMAX. When plugged into your User Port, it provides four 8-bit digital sound channels (in stereo) through a separate output on the card. With appropriate cables and mixer (not included), one can even use the SID and DigiMAX together.

8BSS CARD

Maybe you would rather record sounds into your Commodore 64 or 128 and process them in some way (or just play them back). In that case, the 8BSS is right up your alley. It supplies two 8-bit analogue input channels, taken through a stereo 1/8" "miniplug" on the card. This device is best used with a slightly amplified source such as a CD player or radio.

PROTOTYPING CARTRIDGE

If none of the above suit your fancy, maybe you'd like to build your own cartridges instead? For that purpose, we created this simple prototyping
    board. Holes are on a 0.1" grid, pads connected in sets of 2 to 4, with power rails down the left side. This board also sports a 9/13/25 pin D-Sub connector footprint at the far end, and is sized to fit standard Commodore cartridge shells.

LANDING IN THE VILLAGE

COMMODORE FREE: I saw this Picture created for the Commodore 64 and couldn't believe it! The picture looks truly superb, very clever

Credits

Graphics: Carrion of Miracles

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/getinternalfile.php/97616/landing.prg

BIOTERROR!

http://greatnorthweb.com/bioterror!/bioterror!.d64

Type

LOAD "*",8

After the program loads, type

RUN

I struggled with the limited 8k memory and had to remove a few parts of the game, but my original concept remained intact.

V1.0 COMMANDS INCLUDE

* QUARANTINE [CITY NAME OR #]
    * LIFT QUARANTINE FROM [CITY OR #]
    * RESEARCH [CURE CODE]
    * UPGRADE RESEARCH
    * CURE [CITY NAME OR #]
    * NEW DAY
    * DAY [NUMBER]
    * MAP

--- MBSE BBS v0.95.12 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair: telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net Port: 2323 (39:901/280)