• Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 73 - Part 5

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Sat Dec 14 22:28:40 2013
    Bands" style Commodore 64 music player. The player
    permits the listener to hear two randomly chosen SID's (music files) and then decide which tune is the winner. The current High Voltage Sid Collection has 43116 song so it may take some time to find an overall winner.

www.sidjam.com/

GAMEBASE 64 REORGANIZER SD

Commodore Free (I received this Email message)

To: commodorefree@commodorefree.com
    Sent: Sunday, 21 July 2013, 1:31
    Subject: Commodore Free

Hi Nigel

I don't know if this is something you'd want to write up or not, but GameBase 64 Reorganizer 3 is out: www.obliterator918.com/gamebase-64-reorganizer-sd/

This is useful to anyone with a 1541 Ultimate or one of the sd2iec devices (such as the uIEC/SD).

-Obliterator918

Commodore Free Comment I then went to look at the website and although I haven't actually used the software, I did copy the information here for you to read! Obliterator918 says on his website

www.obliterator918.com/gamebase-64-reorganizer-sd/

Do you have a 1541 Ultimate or a SD2IEC, uIEC/SD, etc.? Want to extract your GameBase 64 collection to an SD card, with an optimized folder structure and file names, quick and easy? GameBase 64 Reorganizer SD is what you need.

LATEST VERSION: 3.0.1.1

Download: www.obliterator918.com/downloads/GB64ReorganizerSD.zip

For Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.

GB 64 Reorganizer began as a little utility to extract a Gamebase game archive collection into a folder structure ideal for the 1541 Ultimate. Over time, additional features such as filter support, HVSC SID file inclusion, and support for sd2iec devices has been added. The original title was "GameBase 64 Reorganizer for the 1541 Ultimate," and this has been changed in version 3 to "GameBase 64 Reorganizer SD."

In the end, the goal of Reorganizer is to create a folder and file structure ideal for your Commodore 64 mass storage device, whether it be a 1541 Ultimate or one of the many sd2iec devices available, with all (or as many as you have not filtered) of the titles from GameBase 64.

To use this utility, you must have a Gamebase "games" folder with zip files containing the disk/tape images and VERSION.NFO files. This utility requires the VERSION.NFO files within each zip file to create the output directory structure. You do not need to have a complete GB installation or even have the actual GB database itself. This utility only works with the zip files containing the disk/tape images.

Additionally, if you have the High Voltage SID Collection, the SID files for games with SID: entries in the NFO files can also be copied to the output folders for each game. Finally, if you are using the GameBase64 Front End you can export filters if you want Reorganizer to only include a subset of the games.

KEY FEATURES

* Extract GB64 .zip archives into individual folders containing disk images,
    VERSION.NFO (optional), etc. VERSION.NFO files are re-formatted for easy
    reading on a 40-character display, either through the 1541 Ultimate file
    viewer or JiffyDOS ASCII file list command (@T:).

* Optimal, logical folder structure makes browsing the collection easy on your
    real C64 without extremely large directory listings.

* File names optimized for your particular device (optional): 1541 Ultimate,
    or sd2iec-based drive. Each of these has its own strengths and Reorganizer
    names files to appear as best as they can on a real C64 depending on the
    device.

* For sd2iec devices, Reorganizer can automatically create AUTOSWAP.LST files
    for multi-disk titles and also extract T64 archives into .Pxx files. (sd2iec
    can't access T64s but seamlessly supports Pxx files.)

* Include SID files from HVSC right along with the games (optional). Supports
    raw SID files and PSID64 packed SIDs.

* Supports GameBase 64 front-end filter lists! No need to include the entire
    collection if you just want a subset of it.

Note for 1541U-I users: as of this writing, the current official firmware for the older 1541U units (before the Ultimate-II) doesn't support file viewing. I have made a non-official build of the firmware that does support file viewing as well as SID playback. You can find that here. www.obliterator918.com/1541-ultimate-firmware/

GAMES THAT WEREN'T 64 UPDATE

www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/

The GTW web page has had a number of updates. The following items have been added Castle Boy, Lemonoids, Shuttle, Starburst, Stratagos, Terravasion and Zuid. Update: Ball, Cosmic Shock Absorber, Cyber Attack, Kid Saviour, Last Ninja V1, Mole Squash, Ski Run, Solaris, Spix, The War of the Dragon and a unknown Educational game.

WAR UNDER SEA

Roberto Ricioppo has released a new game for the Commodore C64 using the
    SEUCK. (shoot 'em up construction kit the game features you as the captain of
    a warship your mission is to clear the sea from all mutant sea creatures and other enemies.

tnd64.unikat.sk/

SEUCK 2013 COMPETITION RESULTS

These are Richards comments about the game and results, you can download all the games and read more about the competition here tnd64.unikat.sk/

Richard said

After the final voting phase. We have the final results for which game that
    has won the competition. The prize for the winner will be prepared and ready
    by the end of May 2013. The 3 runners up will get a new front end with music added to their game, with no further enhancements. Once all 3 games are ready they will be available to download from this page. The games with the lowest score represents a higher rank. As each game was voted by each user as 1 (1st place) to 11 (11th place).

RANK NAME OF GAME SCORE
    (AUTHOR)
    ---- -------------------------- -----
    1. SHEER EARTH ATTACK 45
    (Gaetano Chiummo)
    2. DODO'S DEEP DOO-DOO (80%) 48
    (Carl Mason)
    3. REALMS OF MIDGARD 51
    (Anthony Burns)
    4. ZOMBIE BRAIN EATERS 63
    (Andy Vaisey)
    5. SYNERGY 69
    (Alan Simek)
    6. SPY RIDER 74
    (Alf Yngve)
    7. AUFWAERTS (GOING UPWARDS) 75
    (Sonny Top [bamse])
    8. AMAZON GOLD 79
    (Indy Jr/Fanca)
    9. DANTE'S DEPT STORE 89
    (Rubberland Studios)
    10. GOLD QUEST 5 DEMO 92
    (Inferior)
    11. DARKNESS WITHIN 109
    (Pievspie)

Congratulations go to Gaetano Chiummo, who has won the SEUCK compo second time running. Also to runners up Carl Mason and Anthony Burns. Commiserations to those of you who didn't quite make it to the top 3 but a huge thank you for your entries. You all are winners. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We also asked questions about the SEUCK compo. What did the gamers think of this year's compo. Would they want another compo? Here is what the voters had to say. I liked the idea of including both SEUCK-versions in one compo. hold on to this! Are some games pre modified (player shoot not moving..?), because that's already ´enhanced´ for me. don´t like that, it´s unfair! - Stefan P

A lots of good games this year! It would have been better if only the basic SEUCK program would have been allowed (no music - no separate intro or end sequence - no pokes). I'm looking forward to next year competition! - Roberta

I didn't like the fact that also demos were allowed, and that creators could add some external code (and sequences) to the games. I hope next compo will be more "SEUCK-based" and that it features full games only. - Aldo Chiummo

Yes, please make another competition. You could suggest a number of topics and people vote for one. Then the games must match that topic (e. g. Christmas related, sheep, space etc.) :) - Christian Siege

Looking forward to next edition!! - Roberto

liked Zombie Brain Eaters, Spy Rider and Synergy the best (in that order). Thanks

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)