• Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 73 - Part 1

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Sat Dec 14 22:28:40 2013
    Commodore Free Magazine
    http://www.commodorefree.com/

Issue 73

Free to download magazine dedicated to Commodore computers Available as PDF, ePUB, MOBI, HTML, TXT, SEQ and D64 disk image

CONTENTS

* Editorial
    * General News
    - Petro's Website Now in English
    - SuperByte 2013
    - Douglas C. Engelbart Dies At 88
    - Commodore Fan Gazette Issue 001
    - Retrogaming Times Monthly #110
    - tapDancer For Andriod Released
    - 1991 Party
    - BitJam Podcast 174 - Jeroen Tel
    - CommVEx V9 2013 Videos and Pics
    - Revival Studios Newsletter
    - Crazy Cartridge
    * C64 News
    - C64 Point of Sale?
    - C64 Endings Recieves an Update
    - HVSC #59
    - CGSC V1.24
    - Pallino For The C64 Released
    - Lotek64 Issue 45 Released
    - Escape from London
    - Schlimeisch Mania
    - SID Jam
    - GameBase 64 Reorganizer SD
    - Games That Weren't 64 Update
    - War Under Sea
    - SEUCK 2013 Competition Results
    * C16 News
    - JiffyDOS C16/Plus4 Available
    - Adventures In Time 2 Preview
    - Botticelli Bilderdisk 38
    * Amiga News
    - New Articles on Obligement
    - AEROS for Pi Beta 3
    - Hollywood 5.3 Released
    - Writers' Group Film Corp
    - Hyperion Entertainment Blog
    - OS4 OpenLinux
    - BoingsWorld Issue 41 Released
    - Amiga Future Issue 103 Released
    - Amiga Forum Issue 5 Released
    - Sirena Player V2.20
    - KaPooka - AmigaOS
    - AmigaAmp 3.10
    - Calvin Harris and Amiga
    - Ami Jackpot V1.11
    - Interview with Trevor Dickinson
    - FFmpeg v2.0 and FFmpegGUI v3.1
    - Scribus AmigaOS 4 Port
    - Classic Amiga Games on Android
    - Hyperion Entertainment Blog
    - AmigaRemix
    - YAM 2.8P1 Released
    - TOD
    - AmigaOne X1000 First Contact
    - aMiGa=PoWeR Issue 51 Released
    * Lenard Roach: Bringing Fiction Back
    * Interview with Commodore Free
    * Review: Multicart 64
    * One Liners Competition - VIC
    * One Liners Competition - C128

=====================================

EDITOR
    Nigel Parker

SPELL CHECKING
    Peter Badrick

TXT, HTML & EBOOKS
    Paul Davis

D64 DISK IMAGE
    Al Jackson

PDF DESIGN
    Nigel Parker

CONTRIBUTORS
    Commodore Free Readers and Nigel
    Parker

WEBSITE
    www.commodorefree.com

EMAIL ADDRESS
    commodorefree@commodorefree.com

SUBMISSIONS

Articles are always wanted for the magazine. Contact us for details. We can't pay you for your efforts but you are safe in the knowledge that you have
    passed on details that will interest other Commodore enthusiasts.

NOTICES

All materials in this magazine are the property of Commodore Free unless otherwise stated. All copyrights, trademarks, trade names, internet domain names or other similar rights are acknowledged. No part of this magazine may
    be reproduced without permission.

The appearance of an advert in the magazine does not necessarily mean that the goods/services advertised are associated with or endorsed by Commodore Free Magazine.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2013
    Commodore Free Magazine
    All Rights Reserved.

EDITORIAL

LEAVING THE FOLD

Here we go again with another issue

Sadly due to other commitments and engagements it would seem for the part time at least I have lost my Co-editor, I would like to thank him for the great
    work he did trying to tidy up my writing into something comprehendible and
    hope that he will re-join the fold and see sense.

INTERVIEWED

Right then; down to the business of the magazine, after resisting for so long; I decided to cave in under pressure as so many people emailed me and sent questions; I felt like I was answering the same thing over and over again, a few people suggested they interview me for the magazine; and a few people
    asked if they could interview me for other magazines! So with all this email to-ing and fro-ing I decided why not and thought I would amalgamated a list of questions from various users to create an interview, the questions were then read to me and the results recorded, then it was just a matter of typing in
    all that I had said, not an easy job as I couldn't shut up when I started going.

ITS NEWS TO ME

So it would seem last issue I made a general mistake by trying to include far too much news into one issue, this was a problem not only trying to create the PDF but also the Webpages; and various other formats and especially trying to fit all the information into the disk image that actually fills 2 disks, it made things hard to read. Although I think the news grouping was a better idea rather than a random hotch potch of articles, this was a suggestion made to me by a reader, and popped up in a couple of forums; so I thought I would give it a go, it does create a problem where news could relate to the 8 bit systems
    but not the Amiga and may not be general news and so on, anyway; I will try to make this work to the best of my abilities, the question then is what do you think, did the format work out better?

RESULT

We also have after a very long drawn out process, some of the results from the BASIC programming competition set by Commodore Free. The results were printed online before they could be printed in the magazine, which was a shame, but on the off chance you haven't seen them, I re printed them in the magazine. I would like to thank Shaun for taking on the role as Judge in the competition and also a big thanks to all the entries. The quality was very high and that made the judging even more difficult, I think we were only expecting a few entries but received more than we expected!

Sadly I can't offer a prize but at least you know that your entry can be
    viewed in these pages and of course if you did win you can feel smug that you are a better programmer than everyone else who entered. Some people were confused about the competition and we received some 5, 10 and 20 line entries to the 2 line competition! Although some were good sadly they had to be rejected. I think if we run this competition again I would use one of the suggestions from a reader and have the competition marked by the readers, so you dear reader could vote for your favourite entry.

That's about all I can write now as I have writer's cramp after my interview notes. I am however thinking of a 1 screen basic programming competition as
    yet the results are sketchy and if I receive enough demand I will take this further but on all formats it's a Basic code then when your type list fills
    the screen you need to also think that one line will be for the cursor, If I get enough response I will form a set of rules. Another Idea I had was a basic competition where the code would work on all 8 bit commodore machines!

Thanks for reading

Regards
    Nigel (editor)
    www.commodorefree.com

GENERAL NEWS

PETRO'S WEBSITE NOW AVAILABLE IN
    ENGLISH

To: commodorefree@commodorefree.com
    Sent: Sunday, 11 August 2013, 18:26
    Subject: Issue 71 - Petro's website

Hello Commodore friends,

in issue 71 of Commodore Free you mention about Petro's website, and how it is in German only. That was right, but now it's also available in English for our international friends. I did a translation so you can choose your language:

petros-memoiren-1982-bis-2001.de/Start.html

We also plan to release the book in late 2013 / early 2014 in German language and then in late 2014 in English.

Please see this link for the planned content:

petros-memoiren-1982-bis2001.de/english/Petro_eng/Pictures.html#13

Feel free to contact me with questions...

All the Best from Germany

- Patric

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE BLOG

The English web

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)