• Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 74 - Part 7

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Sat Dec 14 22:25:50 2013
    ossible to mark areas of the image as selected and
    use these areas as mask for painting, etc. There four new tools to assist with this. Rectangle Select - drag with mouse, press space bar to select.

Elipse Select - drag with mouse, press space bar to select.

Flood Select

Colour Select - It's also possible to create a selection mask from the
    alpha channel of a layer....

Layer Thumbnails - There now a thumbnail in the layers list.

Transform Plugins - Pixel transforms are now true plugins. Also added SaturationAdjust and GradientFill, RadialFill, and Ripples filters.

New Toolbar Images - Martin "Mason" Mertz has contributed some great new toolbar images and a splash logo. Thanks Mason!

Macro Recording - All (well nearly all) actions can be recorded into a macro, which can then be run or edited as needed.

Some bug fixes - See the changelog for details.

Enjoy!

AMIGAOS 4 NEWS: AMISYSTEMRESTORE
    R1 BETA7 RELEASED

the 7th public beta of AmiSystemRestore has been release

Downloading it: You can download it from OS4Depot.net.

os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=utility/misc/amisystemrestore.lha

DETAILS OF THE CHANGES:

* BUG: Fixed a nasty bug, where a (deleted/changed) soft link in the Sys:
    partition to a folder somewhere, could cause AmiSystemRestore to delete
    everything inside that folder. This could easily happen if RunInUAE was
    installed on Sys:.

* BUG: The GUI would crash if you attempted to manually delete a restore point
    which contained a soft link.

WHAT IS AMISYSTEMRESTORE?

AmiSystemRestore aims to give AmigaOS4 a similar ability to Window's very useful System Restore. What it does is create Restore Points, which act as snapshots of your SYS: partition (where the OS is stored). If anything changes on your SYS: partition, then you can roll it back to the time of the snapshot.

Why would you want to undo changes to your SYS: partition? Well, if you
    install a new program (or update an existing one), you have no idea if any new libraries (or other changes) will have problems that may break existing programs. A badly written installer might even replace libraries (etc.) with older versions!

AmiSystemRestore allows you to undo all recent changes (whether or not they were done by the installer), and return SYS: to an earlier point in time. Knowledgeable users can be more selective about which changes are undone, with the warning that they need to know what they are doing!

If you are installing something using AmiUpdate or the official Installer system, then AmiSystemRestore will automatically create Restore Points for you (and Ringhio messages should notify you of this).

VAMPIRE 600: FPGA A600
    ACCELERATOR PREORDER

www.majsta.com/

News from Djole. Ok now is the time to investigate how many people are interested in Vampire 600 so I can determine how much boards to produce. If
    you are interested send me Mail.

Price: 90Euros + shipping

WHAT YOU GET:

* CPU: FPGA emulated MC68000 or MC68010 or partially emulated MC68020 (your
    choice)

* Performance: More than 6Mips

* Memory: 64MB of FastRam (Zorro III space)

* Autoconfig: 32MB( for now)

* PCMCIA friendly: Yes

You will be informed that your order is placed by mail and listing your name
    in the picture attached to this topic. Sending accelerator boards will take place hopefully next month and according to the mentioned list. When your
    board is ready you will receive PayPal invoice to your mailbox. If you don't want to be listed just say in the mail. About guarantee don't worry I don't intend to leave I'm here to made significant influence on Amiga scene,
    remember :) Other components like OSD, loading Kickstart from MicroSD card and PS2 mouse support will be provided later with core upgrades so I suggest everyone to buy USB blaster programmer because I don't intend to stop at 6Mips :) Board will not have PS2 and MicroSD sockets because they are unusable
    inside case so we will find a way later to bring them out with another small PCB. I forget to say that all of those who had some contribution in this project will have another price or no price at all...

UPDATE: AUGUST 8, 2013

Now board is 32MB autoconfig. But, haters gotta hate. It is just interesting
    to me what I read on various forums. There are so much people who would like
    to see all of this fall down, and never see real success. Why? Just so they
    can say "I told you that all of this will be failure". I don't know the reason for all of this but those days I realized one thing. That Amiga is not destroyed just because company died. Amiga is destroyed by developers and resellers wanted to earn huge money from Amiga name. Like vultures various people are sending me bunch of mails wanting to increase price of the boards and to resell them. Proposal prices about 200Euros :) Let me say this. If I ever seen that someone sells this card for some incredible high price I will stop him by putting tons of boards for sale at manufacturing cost. No more exploiting Amiga scene from now!!! Here is what I said one of the supporters
    of this project yesterday. Yes I received lot of mails for some proposals. Resellers, manufacturers all of them wanna make money and increase price and benefit from this. I will fool them all open-sourcing everything. I will survive alone and do everything alone and my work will be free and I will send lot of boards for free to people and PCB also. I'm waiting just for another money transfer from my government. I'm in a mission remember. With true Amiga spirit.

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE: ZOMCO'S
    PARODY OF KEFRENS'S LEGENDARY
    AMIGA DEMO "DESERT DREAM"

Zomco's parody of Kefrens's legendary Amiga demo "Desert Dream". This parody won the 7DX 2010 Demo Party Wild Compo. Many people in the Amiga community don't even know this parody exists, well now you do!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYpLZhkkyRs

If you have been living under a rock for the past 20+ years and have never
    seen the Amiga version of Desert Dream that runs on the humble 7Mhz Amiga 500 you can watch it here. The game seems to have aged especially the music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i48TYQJusDU

INTERVIEW GLENN CORPES

Interview with Glenn Corpes, author of Amiga titles like Flood, Syndicate & Populous. The interview is in Spanish but various websites exist were you can translate the text, or even by using Google translate

amigatronics.wordpress.com/

REVIEW: MOON MISSION [C64]
    By Commodore Free

Written in BASIC this game may have already put a lot of readers off however loading the d64 the game opens with a title screen with the words CIA standing for Commodore is Awesome

Soon the screen clears and we are presented with.

Moon mission title screen the credits say the game is by Paulo Garcia and the music by Pievspie, the music is quite surreal more random than an actual tune as such, subtly space like an it fits the game or sets the scene nicely.

Pushing return we are briefed of de briefed about our mission. Surely it's briefed as isn't debriefing removing ones under garments?

Anyway after the briefing or removal of our under garments has been successful the screen shows the control method and asks us to select a level.

The game then starts.

It's really what you expect a basic program to be, it's quite responsive but ultimately the game is written in basic, albeit with an upbeat sound track,
    you can hit run-stop at any time to list the program out for this it could be used as a training or teaching aid for anyone wanted to dabble in commodore BASIC. The game play is all done to death, you have thrusters and need to land the craft on a flat surface of course you have limited fuel and need to
    land safely before thi

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)