• Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 74 - Part 3

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Sat Dec 14 22:25:50 2013

How to use:

The program is pretty much simple to use. Press spacebar on the TND intro to enter the program selector Pick one of the two loader games in which you wish to use on your game. Enter the file name for your game and parameters such as jump address, etc. Then start mastering. Make sure your disk file name isn't over 135 blocks else the tool won't work properly. Due to the compatibility issues of this loader system this program will not work on BASIC programs.
    That means you will need to type in some code to initialize BASIC and kill loader parameters or just freeze your game with an Action replay cartridge. Programs must originally load at $0801. The loader system itself will relocate it.

If you use crunchers or any programs which use SYS 2061 as the SYS address after loading (Most programs today use Exomizer) then use $080D as jump
    address for your program. Have fun tape with your mastering :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NEXT MONTH

On the next E-Cover Tape.

We will be digging deep into the disk drawers to find yet more worthy Public Domain programs and/or exclusives. Maybe we could reveal some demos or music. Also to finish the tape we shall have something special for you as well. Next month marks the 5th anniversary of a classic title of ours. It will also be making its appearance on the E-Cover tape as well. Stay tuned.

Editors Comments: I notice we are running a Commodore 64 covertape and don't want to exclude anyone on another format, If you have a demo, tool or game on another commodore format or platform you are welcome to send that to either Richard or myself for inclusion on the magazine, please add a small write-up about the program. The most important thing is to ensure the software is your own and you are happy for it to be included on the magazine .

READERS COMMENTS

To: "Nigel Parker"
    Subject: Commodore Free
    Date: Wed, Aug 7, 2013 11:17

Hi Nigel, I First must apologise because I have been meaning to write some Cartridge Articles for you and unfortunately got into other things instead... The Good News is I have somebody interested in working with me on finishing a Game so all those years stuck up in my Bedroom drawing Graphics didn't go to waste - LOL :-> When we get to a Demo Stage we will send Commodore Free a Demo of course :->

Do you know of anyone who possesses a Heavy Metal Paradroid Cassette that they would like to sell - Would really like to Play it again...

Yours Faithfully
    Wayne

COMMODORE FREE: Wayne, no problem with the articles, I realise you have had other projects to work on. About the cassette, well to be honest I haven't
    seen this game in the flesh on tape, but if anyone does have a copy for sale (or to give away) they can contact me and I will pass on any details to Wayne, How's that! Of course now you owe me that article on cartridges and if you do find the game through a reader you owe me 2 articles as a finder's fee.

GENERAL NEWS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDI 1.0

The below link is to the "register website", the site has information that commemorates 30 years of the humble midi interface (a way for musical instruments to communicate easily). Personally I shudder to think what had to happen before Midi was created and wonder how many technology bands wouldn't have been created without the interface or standard. Getting pop stars wired for 30 years

www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/19/midi_spec_1_is_30_happy_birthday_musical_ instrument_digital_interface/

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY COMPACT CASSETTE

Of course without Tape the computing world could have been a very different place, because tape was cheap and easy way to store programmers it wasn't fast but without it all those basic dabbling you created would have gone to nothing when you turned off the machine am I the only one to leave a machine on for
    two days while typing in a magazine listing only to run said listing without saving anything and then find I had lost the program due to a typo somewhere around line 1, don't badmouth this technological piece of history celebrate it by listening to you commodore data tapes on an audio tape player and dance around to the buzzing wining bleeps.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk
    kkkkkk gggggggggrrrrrrrrr wwwwwwweeee
    kkkkekekekekekkkkkk ggggkgkgkgkgkgg
    kkekkekekk gkekgkkeegkkekegkekgekekkg
    ekgekgekegekekekek

How it struck a chord for millions * The Register

www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/30/50_years_of_the_compact_cassette/

MICROMUSIC.NET CELEBRATES 14 YEAR
    BIRTHDAY

Commodore Free: Here is what they had to say about the birthday celebrations

dear micro_people

14 years ago, a bunch of young boys started a new online platform called micromusic.net...

Happy happy birthday and all the best for the future! thanx for flying with
    us! just a lil presi for you, dear memberz, download now:

* Cyberstorm by Acidbeatz
    * news relief by aviel brown
    * hello pretty by Rico Z

we all meetz again on micromusic's microtalk! tell all your enemies & friendz on fazebuuk: we like! if you're using SMART PHONES, you can also go to the following URL:

micromusic.net/microtalkx (this is the lightweight 'microtalk only'
    version of the website.)

we luv you so much, honestly! the micromusic team www.micromusic.net
    || ||| | ||| | |||| || | |||
    lowtech music for hightech people

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MULTIMEDIA NET_WORK_COMMUNITY_SYSTEM

micromusic was brought to life in November 1998 by carl (gino esposto, zurich
    - Switzerland) and superB (michael burkhardt, basel - schweiz) under the code name "futurelab". the following months were used to define the project,
    program and finally put the website online in the beginning of august 1999. what was originally thought as a simple community website to get hold of low_tech_musik produced by low_tech_producerz for lovers of computer generated tunes via the worldwide web was developing fast into a highly complex websound_community_system using the latest internet technology.

Basically "musical research" is the most accurate description of the micromusic.net activities. Even though music produced on low budget equipment and retro computer games sounds was the focus at the beginning of the micromusic project, we always had far more in our minds than that! The
    internet is still in its first years and topics like how to build up 'special interest communities', advanced real-time communication tools and highly optimized interface design were also quite important to us.

The micromusic crew realised a multimedia website which is unique on the worldwide web within less than 2 years. The very active and rockin' micro community counts almost 3000 people now and the quality of the uploaded
    lowtech tunes has reached a level which defines a new standard in the
    territory of low-tech music and online music communities.

ONLINE / OFFLINE

in the early days when micromusic went online with its website, it was thought as a pure online project, but by the end of the year 2000 is was quite clear
    to us that it will be more an online AND offline community project. In
    November 2000 a part of the micromusic core team went on their first
    micromusic club tour to Hamburg (MFOC, pudel club) and Berlin (WMF). Shortly before people from London organized the first micro meeting in real space.
    also micromusic was presented at the multimedia festival VIPER2000 in Basel, Switzerland and there was a second micro meeting in Stockholm end of December 2000.

CONCERNING THE MUSIC,

micromusic also took the plunge to release a CD (MICRO_SUPERSTARZ 2000) presenting 17 artists from Switzerland, USA, UK, Germany, Russia, Australia, Japan, Sweden etc. a ROM data p

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)