Nigel Parker

CONTRIBUTORS
    Richard Bayliss

WEBSITE
    www.commodorefree.com

EMAIL ADDRESS
    commodorefree@commodorefree.com

SUBMISSIONS

Articles are always wanted for the magazine. Contact us for details. We can't pay you for your efforts but you are safe in the knowledge that you have
    passed on details that will interest other Commodore enthusiasts.

NOTICES

All materials in this magazine are the property of Commodore Free unless otherwise stated. All copyrights, trademarks, trade names, internet domain names or other similar rights are acknowledged. No part of this magazine may
    be reproduced without permission. The appearance of an advert in the magazine does not necessarily mean that the goods/services advertised are associated with or endorsed by Commodore Free Magazine.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2013
    Commodore Free Magazine
    All Rights Reserved.

EDITORIAL

Hurray! The tapes have returned, and the magazine has slipped or lapsed an issue! So after a brief holiday Richard is now back with his Free covertapes, is it just me; or has anyone else missed this feature of the magazine? Well I know it's not just me; and judging by the number of emails I received asking where have they gone!, also while on the subject "yes" we would love TAP files for the VIC, PET and even the c16/plus4 machines, you need to send these in to either myself or to Richard with some explanation about the included program; and if needed instructions on how to play and or use it, you must ensure they are copyright cleared or public domain as I don't want any nasty emails again.

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANTED A VIC 20 ISSUE

Well it's not quite there; but this issue is very Vic influenced issue, with
    an "almost complete history" of the machine (I say almost; so this gets me out of trouble, I know Vic users are very passionate and just in case I missed something that was important. On that subject; If you feel I have missed an important VIC related event; please write in and let me know!) We have an interview with a VIC programmer called Ghislain de Blois and look at his
    latest game release, Vic followers will be well aware of his work. Speaking of his work, his current games compilation is on sale via the Psytronik website, you will see a news section for the game also under the Vic news. hey it's all free advertising for the Vic!

DOING THE SPLITS

Speaking of news; how do you like the news split into sections for the C64 Vic plus4 etc. do you prefer this rather than just a jumbled mess of news, personally I actually liked the jumbled mess of news, mainly as it meant I didn't have to work as hard separating it all out! Still I have had quite a
    few comments and suggestion on the separation of news to machine specific topics; so is it better this way, what do you think?

LOST GAME

We have a readers comment, most are not printable; but this one is a plea for help to locate a game, if you can help out with locating a copy then contact
    my good self and I will relay any messages to the reader, who is also a friend of mine! So although not a Vic dedicated issue it is I hope you agree very Vic specific issue, I did ask various websites for VIC and other commodore
    specific items but sadly received nothing back from them.

The news section celebrates 30 years of MIDI and 50 years of the audio TAPE, love it or hate it without tape we wouldn't have had Walkmans (other personal tape players were available at the time) and without walkmans we wouldn't have had iPods, well maybe anyway, and I am still not sure that's a good or bad thing !.....

I Think now sounds like a good time to bail out and leave you to read the issue, heck if I carry on with this I may get lynched by some supporter or hater of some or other format and or compact cassette carrying player manufacturer, anyway I would have less issue space for the magazine (Editor jumps off his chair, and shouts Tallyho) in some vain effort to pretend he has bailed out, other member of the team look him over, presuming him mad and then ignore him!

Editor laughs and gets up, wondering why everyone is ignoring him.

Thanks for reading.

Nigel
    Editor Commodore Free
    www.commodorefree.com

COMMODORE FREE E-COVER TAPE #7
    By Richard Bayliss

LOADING... PLEASE WAIT

Feast your eyes on these beauties:

* 1 Playable demo
    * 3 Full games
    * 2 Exciting utilities

Did you miss us the last two issues? I may have guessed you probably did miss us. Unfortunately, it just couldn't be helped. Good news however is that the favourite part of the magazine is back. The E-COVER TAPE. This issue we have a couple of fun Sideways SEUCK games, one of which was written by Alf Yngve. The other which won the 2013 SEUCK Compo. There is also a funny remake of a classic. You can even try out an excellent playable demo of an upcoming game
    by Psytronik Software, which we had kind permission to host on this E-Covertape. Finally a classic PD graphics tool, and to round off the tape. Something extra special for you, from me.

Lock in and load :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

VICE SQUAD DEMO

(C)2013 Psytronik Software

Programming: Achim Volkers
    Graphics: Trevor Storey
    Music: Linus / Viruz

This is a 1 level playable preview, in which will give you a taster of what it is like to be in an ultimate car chase. You are an undercover cop, who has
    been assigned by the Vice Squad to patrol the roads from the criminal gangs that think they rule it. Strap yourself in for a real bumpy ride. Using a joystick plugged into port 2, Your mission is to smash into or blast away
    black vehicles which are being driven by members of criminal gangs. You have a certain quota to shoot down before you can complete your mission. Since this mission is a fast paced mission try not to smash into the edges of the road, trees or buildings, otherwise your car will be wasted. Your car can be replaced, but if you smash too many of those, then you'll have to suffer the consequences.

Vice Squad should soon be available from Psytronik Software at www.psytronik.net as soon as the game has finished.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NIGHT RAID

(C)2013 Alf Yngve

Programming: Alf Yngve (Using Sideway

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)