• Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 75 - Part 5

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Thu Dec 12 11:07:15 2013
    t follow this link

docs.google.com/file/d/0BypQg4QBo87vU3pKQ2E3eW1wSHc/edit?usp=sharing

it does flash up unavailable but if you persevere you will see a download button appear, from what I have played with the preview it seems very slick well animated and extremely fast, I for one am eager to try the finished version, the preview also has sound! Brilliant. On the 2600 I never did master grabbing hold of the rope

sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6659

C16 & PLUS/4 NEWS

VIC20 / C16 NEWSSTAND COMPILATION (2)

On the Plus/4 World web page you can find another rare newsstand compilation cassette for the Commodore C16 / Plus/4. The compilation cassette was made by Pubblirome and has the following games: Il Legionario, Scimmia Magica, Corsa Sul Fiume, Meteorite (Pubblirome), La Spia, Tennis (Pubblirome), Velocipede, Guerra Totale, Vecchio West, L'Esorcista, Breakout, Cruise, Il Genio, Astronavi
    Aliene and Anatomia.

plus4world.powweb.com/software/Super_VIC20-C16

TREE SOME RELEASED FOR THE PLUS/4

Luca has created a game for the Commodore Plus/4. called "Tree Some" the game is a conversion of the C64 version. written in BASIC the game uses only the standard PETSCII characters on the screen. In the game you play a tree and you need to fight against people who want to cut you down. Long live the Trees.

plus4world.powweb.com/software/Tree_Some

C+4HIRES PICTURE DISK RELEASED

C+4Hires is a brand new picture diskette released for the Commodore Plus/4. Created by Carrion the disk contains 15 high resolution pictures converted
    from the Commodore C64. The original artists are: Archmage, Duce, Leon and Veto. So the question has to be asked do they look better on the C64 or on the plus 4 and I have to say that with the plus4 extended colour palate they look much better on the plus 4 than the c64 (well in my personal opinion anyway)

plus4world.powweb.com/software/CPlus4Hires

AMIGA NEWS

BED GAMES 1: CAROLA AVAILABLE FOR
    MORPHOS & AMIGAOS3.9

The classic game of rock, paper and scissors in a review programmed with Hollywood with the incentive to try to gain Carola and all her pledges before she wins you. This "Final Version" has new graphics and great quality pictures of Carola, new sounds, new accuracy in the help menu, new graphics for your lives. Do you accept the challenge of trying to undress Carola? (Please click read more.)

This game is portable and it does not need installation, you can play from an USB stick, Pen drive, etc.

Warning: this game has sounds with explicit sexual content, please don't download it, if that could possibly offend you.

IMPROVEMENTS FROM THIS NEW VERSION:

* Compiled with the latest Hollywood 5.3.
    * New graphics for the hands.
    * New sounds.
    * New pictures.
    * An 'only play' mode.
    * New versions for MorphOS and AmigaOS3.9.

Download from: www.morguesoft.net Also available for AmigaOS4 and Windows.

TWIT TV TRIANGULATION » EPISODE
    118: TIM JENISON

TWiT TV Special Episode #118 Leo Leo Laporte interviews Tim Jenison founder of NewTek Inc. Tim Jenison is the subject of the new documentary, "Tim's
    Vermeer". The Amiga & Video Toaster are mentioned many times in this interview as is the history of Tim & NewTek. A must see interview!

twit.tv/show/triangulation/118

AMIGAOS SDK UPDATE (FINALLY)

News From Hyperion

It has been a long time coming but we finally got around to releasing an updated Software Development Kit (SDK) for the Amiga Operating System. You can download it from Hyperion's server:

www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php?option=com_registration&view=file s&parent=30&Itemid=63

This SDK includes all the usual includes and autodocs you need to use all the latest released AmigaOS features. The AmigaOS Documentation Wiki (wiki.amigaos.net/) contains all the higher level information you need and
    will continue to be updated to help explain everything. The wiki also has a
    new Frequently Asked Questions section where we will post the most common problems and solutions.

This SDK is also a tad incomplete because I ran out of time to prepare it before AmiWest 2013. Therefore, there will be another SDK update or two sometime after the AmiWest show which will include even more. We will also try harder to provide an updated SDK much more regularly from now on. Thanks to AmiUpdate we now have a way to deliver all sorts of SDK updates as needed with minimal effort.

Support for the SDK is available from the official AmigaOS support forum (support.amigaos.net/). You may also want to give OS4Coding (www.os4coding.net/) a try if you get stuck on something.

An SDK Update (finally)

blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=1001

SYASOKOBAN V2.0.1 FOR AROS

syaSokoban is a game for AROS. The game was develop by Hiroyuki Imabayashi in 1982 and is converted to AROS by Cavemann. In the game you push boxes in a warehouse to a designated positions. The game has 90 levels, but you can add more levels yourself.

archives.aros-exec.org/?function=showfile&file=game/puzzle/syasokoban.i386 -aros.zip

WHDLOAD UPDATES

WHDLoad offers a way to play Amiga diskette games from your hard disk. New: Project Techno (Quartz), Megademo (Powerslaves), 24 Hour E Fix (Quartz), Music Compilation (Random Access), Mini Soundbox 1, 2, 3 (Shadow Light & Level 4), The Simpsons (Decay), Hinch Demo (Decay), Steve Vizard (Decay), Sound De Light (Software of Sweden), Megademo (Software of Sweden), Demo Disk (Quest), Sound Quest 1, 2 (Quest) and Sound Disk 2.

www.whdload.de/

=====================================

SPEAKING NOTES FOR A PRESENTATION

Commodore Free: Whilst working on some D81 images for Leonard Roach I came across this text, Leonard doesn't seem to know the origin and although its credited with Roberts name as well as Jims, Robert says he doesn't know anything about the text, I am reprinting this as it's a little slice of
    history that could otherwise be lost

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The following material is speaking notes for a presentation I made at York University on Friday, March 18th, 2005. Since they are speaking notes, they
    are not exactly in publication form: and, at the presentation, I might well have omitted some material and added other stuff (especially in response to questions.)

I. A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF -

I'm Jim Butterfield. My first encounters with computers took place back in 1963. My background was math and electronics, working mostly in the field of telecommunications. My first machine was a computer nobody had heard of: The Collins C8401, programmed in assembly language.

So when microcomputers started to arrive in 1976, I had an advantage over most hobbyists: I'd worked with computers for a dozen years or more. I was in a
    good position to write about these devices, which were unfamiliar to most readers, and I did so.

Most of my experience was with Commodore computers. What follows will be from that viewpoint, and I'll talk almost exclusively about the 8-bit world. It was a fun time.

I should mention that I have never been an employee of Commodore, or owned stock in the company. My viewpoint is that of an outsider, although Commodore personnel have always been open and frank in responding to the many questions
    I have asked over the years.

II. I

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.01 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair (39:901/280)