• Commodore Free Issue 72, Part 11

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Thu Aug 15 17:11:00 2013
    de of things, I had an Atari 2600 way back , and
    actually got away from gaming for a while, but now I'm involved in both retro gaming and gaming on modern systems.

About a year ago, I launched a website by the name of MyTechBrief at www.mytechbrief.com. The website has been growing, but we re-launched the website just days ago . The updated website is much easier to read, and is
    more pleasing to the eye. It also has some new categories and other new features. These include a Polls section where we'll be regularly conducting polls. It also includes a Forums section.

The website covers a wide range of topics from Video Gaming to Action Figures/Fantasy/Sci-Fi, to Audio/Video devices such as Media Streamers, Computer Accessories, Mobile Devices such as Tablets and Smartphones, Technology in Education, to Eco-Green Technologies. Two of the sections I'm most excited about are Vintage Computing and Retro Gaming. I realize that
    there are many websites covering technology, but we hope to become popular in that space. For Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing, I realize that there's far fewer websites. I wanted to expand into this area because of my own personal interest and the fact that few websites cover it. With the launch of the
    forums at www.mytechbrief.com/forum we have also added areas for both Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing. I believe there is even a smaller amount of forums for these areas, so I hope these forums are a place that people can
    meet up with other enthusiasts, exchange knowledge, post questions, and help each other.

MyTechBrief just has one writer in these very new areas, . We plan to add more writers shortly so that we can post a reasonable amount of content in all areas. We expect our readership to quickly grow with the launch of our updated website. Along with this, we hope to be able to offer content to these communities. If there are any announcements to make, such as vintage computing or retro gaming gatherings or any other type of announcements, then I'm glad
    to post them here. Feel free to contact me with any information that you'd
    like to share with the community.

My partner, Rick Otto, has already posted an article in the Vintage Computing section covering Vintage Computing Podcasts. There are plans to do the same
    for the Retro Gaming category. He'll also write articles covering websites for each category. We'll do our best to introduce our readers to websites and podcasts in these areas, and also to become a gathering place with the forums for enthusiasts. Feel free to bookmark the website, and also save my email address. I'm always glad to make any announcements for the community. I'd appreciate it if you could give a shout to your community about our new website.

You may find these links helpful:

Retro Gaming: www.mytechbrief.com/gaming/retro-gaming
    Vintage Computing: www.mytechbrief.com/hardware/vintage-computers
    Forums: www.mytechbrief.com/forum

Thank you for your time,

Mark Weigl
    MyTechBrief

COMMODORE FREE: BLUSH! Ah geez thanks

HYPERION ENTERTAINMENT BLOG
    More Noise from ACube

The VIA Envy24HT www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/controllers/envy24ht/
    audio driver has been updated and now supports the VT1618 Codec. www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/codecs/vt1618/

That means you can now use inexpensive PCIe en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express audio cards such as the Syba SD-PEX63034 www.sybausa.com/productInfo.php?iid=1201 in your AmigaOne 500 www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=hardware&pid=7 and AmigaOne X1000 www.a-eon.com/x1000.html systems.

Here is a list of audio cards that are known to work with the Envy24HT
    audio driver:

* Terratec Aureon 5.1 Sky
    * Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space
    * Terratec Phase22
    * Terratec Phase28
    * M-Audio Revolution 5.1
    * M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    * ESI Juli@
    * ESI Juli@ XTe
    * Speed Dragon EAU01A-1 www.speeddragon.com/index.php?controller=Default
    &action=ProductInfo&Id=366
    * Syba SD-PEX63034

If you happen to have any other audio card that works with this driver then please notify us via the AmigaOS contact form. www.amigaos.net/contact

Special thanks to ACube Systems acube-systems.biz/ for helping to
    improve the Envy24HT driver.

The updated driver is being delivered to registered AmigaOS users using AmiUpdate. amiupdate.codebench.co.uk/
    If you have any support issues with
    the driver please use the AmigaOS support forum support.amigaos.net/
    for assistance.

REGENERATOR 1.3
    By n0stalgia

Welcome to Regenerator - an interactive disassembler for C64 binaries. Regenerator will load any standard C64 .PRG file (or VICE snapshot) and disassemble it for your convenience. There are a few options you can choose to change the output, and a few tools to make the output look better and more useful to programmers. There are a few tools like this one out there, but we thought none are really simple to use and up to the task, really. :)

Oh, and you will need .net 3.5 (or 4.0) runtime. Download from the Microsoft place. Regenerator makes files compatible with 64tass. The output should be directly compilable by that assembler. However you might need to uncheck the "Use Illegal Opcodes" option since 64tass chokes on illegal opcodes.

First thing to do is to use the "LOAD" button to load any .PRG file. Right
    away you will be presented with the initial disassembly in the main window of the program. You can scroll around to inspect it. The main window consists of several columns - first column is the line number, then the address, then the bytes that make up the instruction, then the label (if any), the instruction itself and the comment.

*NOTE*: The "END" address always denotes last byte+1 - so basically the start of the next block of data!

LICENSE:

This is a freeware program. You are not allowed to charge any money for it or for any media that this program is put on. Otherwise, you can freely
    distribute it.

CHANGES:

1.3:

* Added REMOVE command to remove part of the data from disassembly

* Added EDIT BLOCKS window to Edit all the DATA, TEXT & REMOVED blocks
    manually.

* Added COPY to Clipboard functionality (insert key) with FULL or CODE only
    modes.

* Added possibility to add user-defined COMMENTS to the code. This can be done
    as a FULL line comment or as a SIDE comment !

* Added USER LABELS - you can now add a label to any address and it will be
    used in the disassembly. If there should be an automatic label generated for
    it, then it will be over-ridden. Also added USER LABELS editor, which is
    part of the old Label Prefixes window. You can add/edit and remove user
    labels as well as have a general overview of them from within this screen.

* Fixed the Add BLANK LINE and Remove BLANK LINE so it actually works as it
    should.

THE DIRMASTER V6.2 (WITH DRIVE
    NUMBER SELECTION)

clr : clear directory
    home/| : go to first/last file
    crsr u/d : move between files
    crsr l/r : 10 files ahead/back
    del : delete actual file
    inst : insert a 'blank' file
    d/f7 : show disk directory
    @ : disk command
    e : edit filename (full-screen)
    (use crsr, sh+return and clr)
    m/space : move file
    x : (un)expand filename
    b : change number of file blocks
    z : set file blocks to last sett.
    shift+b : change number of free
    blocks
    h : change disk header
    ~ : change disk id
    shift+t : change filetype
    t : set filetype to last setting
    a : change track/sector
    shift+a : change loadaddress
    r : read directory
    w : write directory
    o : edit bam-message (asciicode)
    shift+o : edit bam-message
    (screencode)
    shift+* : (re)set * infront of
    filetype
    shift+x : (un)expand all files
    s : alphabetic sort
    i : insert separator
    shift+i : insert stamp
    shift+m : put seperator over name
    (mask)
    f1 : enter separator editor
    f3 : enter stamp editor
    f5 : load dir, seperators or stamp
    f6 : save dir, seperators or stamp
    p : (un)protect file
    shift+p : (un)protect disk
    shift+f : format

--- Mystic BBS BBS v1.10 A36 (Linux)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair BBS, Telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net (39:901/280)