• Commodore Free Issue 72, Part 10

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Thu Aug 15 17:11:00 2013
    tuff in development for Spectrum, C16, VIC-20 and other platforms,
    but these will be updated in the schedule when more info regarding release is available. As you can see above, most PET/ZX81 stuff for the rest of 2013 is finished, for which review copies are available, however, make sure the
    reviews are published/posted on or after release date and no sooner.

Kind regards,

Martijn Wenting / Revival Studios

Revival Studios - Game development for Classic systems such as the Atari, Colecovision, Commodore, MSX, Sega, Videopac/Odyssey2, Vectrex, ZX81 and more.

www.revival-studios.com

8-BIT DESIGNS IS NOW TAKING
    ORDERS FOR THE NEW MULTICART 64

Multicart 64,is a C64 cartridge which contains 63 games, utilities, and applications...

retro-link.blogspot.com/2013/06/multicart-64-is-now-available-for-sale.html

Video of Multicart 64 is now at

youtu.be/Rd5KZte2p_Q

and

blip.tv/episode/6597060

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To:Commodore Free
    Subject: Multicart 64 is NOW
    AVAILABLE!!!

The Multicart for the Commodore 64/128 was "Officially released" late last night on the Google comp.sys.cbm group and I just wanted to give all those in the Commodore and video game communities FIRST OPPORTUNITY to own one!

I DO take Paypal at THIS email address and the "Options & Prices" are listed BELOW THIS EMAIL for your viewing according to your specific needs. Currently
    I already have 5 ordered, but only TWO that went through and that still leaves me with 22 STILL LEFT to interested parties. So again, I just wanted to let
    all those out there that might be seeking A TON of programs on ONE CARTRIDGE that IT"S HERE!!!

Thanks for your time and have a blessed day!

Charles> 8-Bit Designs

MULTICART OPTIONS & PRICES

* A) DIRECT to board $34
    * B) EPROM SOCKET $36
    * C) ALL SOCKETED $38
    * D) DIRECT TO BOARD WITH CASING $40

These prices INCLUDE SHIPPING to the "Lower 48" in the U.S. For other areas, please contact me so we can discuss the shipping price for YOUR AREA! ;)

8-Bit Designs is now taking orders for the new Multicart 64, a C64 cartridge which contains 63 games, utilities, and applications. Some of the games are Attack of the Mutant Camels, Centipede, and Frogger; some of the utilities are C64 Diagnostic and Magic Mon; some of the applications are Facemaker, Calc Result, and Graf64 -- all easily accessible through a F-key menu. For the full list of programs included and pictures of the cart and screenshots, go to

retro-link.blogspot.com/2013/06/multicart-64-is-now-available-for-sale.html

Here is what Charles Gutman of 8-Bit Designs has to say about Multicart 64
    --

"My first run of Multicart 64 is done.

Here's the "Options List" for those who desire to fit it to their needs:

A) Chips soldered direct to board- the cheapest and simplest option for the vast majority of people for both cost, and the fact that it can be fitted into a cartridge casing very easily.... ;) (Most sales will come from this option I'm certain) $34.00

B) EPROM is "socketed." This option allows the user to swap EPROM with others that they desire to program, allowing for an even higher usage of the
    cartridge than it was originally designed for. $36.00

C) All socketed! I have no idea why anyone might want the board totally socketed unless they desire to replace the parts in the future, or maybe use the board for other applications; however in the event that you do desire to have the WHOLE BOARD socketed, then this is your option! $38.00

D) Now this is the option that I know that a lot of people will be asking
    about as well -- direct to the board, but inside a cartridge casing with a label! $40.00

These prices include shipping to the lower 48 in the US. For shipping outside the US, contact me." You can contact Charles at charlesgutman(at)gmail.com. Payment by postal money order or by Paypal. International orders by Paypal only. No credit cards through Paypal.

The Multicart 64 is based on Fotios' FB-Jumbocart1, the prototype of which was last seen at the Commodore Vegas Expo in 2007. Fotios and Charles have worked on this to get it out to market.

Truly,

Robert Bernardo

Fresno Commodore User Group
    videocam.net.au/fcug
    July 27-28 Commodore Vegas Expo v9 -
    www.portcommodore.com/commvex

ANALOGIC COMPUTERS - RETAILER &
    REPAIR CENTRE

A recent forum post and email to Commodore Free suggested Analogic Computers are still around selling Amiga computers and have a repair centre.

www.analogic.co.uk/amiga.asp

Analogic Computers (UK) Ltd.
    Unit 8 Ashway Centre
    Elm Crescent
    Kingston upon Thames
    Surrey KT2 6HH

Tel: 020 8546 9575
    Fax: 020 8541 4671
    E-Mail:info@analogic.co.uk

Opening Hours
    Mon-Fri: 8.00am - 5.30pm
    Sat: 9.00am - 1.00pm

Though they are still up and running, and still list Amiga and Atari hardware, there isn't much to see on their website: just the usual memory upgrades and a replacement mouse. I don't know what they can and still repair, but it's
    useful that companies are still supporting the Amiga in some form or another. My emails for more information never received a reply!

AMIKIT FOR REAL AMIGA V.0.3 RELEASED

NEWS FROM AMIGAKIT

AmigaKit are happy to announce the release of the much awaited update for Real AmiKit version. Full and update v0.3 archives are available for download for free at: real.amiga.sk/

New features include more applications and memory card support. Now you can
    use AmiDock or AmiStart for launching your applications, streaming music with AmiNetRadio, or using compact flash cards to transfer your data. New
    wallpapers were added as well. Enjoy!

In the first place you will find a nice and easy to use update installer that delivers the following:

- AmiDock re-positioned, so it will seem transparent. It will let you use more space on the screen, and if you use Workbench2000 you will see also (full instructions in the package) that you can "put away" AmiDock and as the WB2000 taskbar disappears, you will have more desktop space.

- New AmiDock icon on the Workbench2000 bar.

- AmiNetRadio installed and working without FPU.

- AmiStart installed and working without FPU or RTG. A very powerful and fast Amiga is required though, or you can use it under emulation. Try it!

- General PCMCIA support; DH0 and Fat95, so most of the cards should work.

- More wallpapers and a new 256 colors drawer.

- New bootpics to choose.

- Changed the top bar text to "real.amiga.sk".

- Changed position-info for Magellan icons

- FreeWheel running from the WBStartup now. Run Exchange commodity to
    configure it.

- HippoPlayer running with BlurScope as a new option on Workbench2000 bar. BlurScope is an external player, so before now you had to open first HiP and then search for the Scope... Now they work together, and are living on Worbench2000 bar. Click and the show begins...

- IconLib 46.4.284 by Peter Keunecke.

And... Chewaka's voice for WookieChat on AmiDock was added!

Thanks a lot to Thomas and PeterK for their continuous support.

NEW WEBSITE/FORUMS MYTECHBRIEF

----- Original Message -----
    To: commodorefree@commodorefree.com
    Subject: New website/forums

Hello,

I'd like to start by saying I really like reading Commodore Free. It's easily one of my favorite magazines. I'm a big fan of both Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing, so I always enjoy finding new websites to read that cover those topics. I started computing back when I was in school. I started with Apple
    II computers when I was in middle school. I continued working with them into high school, and during this time, I purchased my first home computer, a Commodore VIC-20. Later I went to a 64, a 128, and an Amiga 500, until I made my way to an Amiga 3000. Now I'm mainly a Mac user, but also work with Linux and Windows. On the gaming si

--- Mystic BBS BBS v1.10 A36 (Linux)
    * Origin: Dragon's Lair BBS, Telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net (39:901/280)