• Commodore Free, Issue 70 - Part6

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/281 to all on Mon May 13 17:44:00 2013
    Download: www.opbyte.it/vic20/tetwels.prg

COMMODORE FREE: A very enjoyable game for the unexpanded Vic on the menu it gives 2 options for the game level easy or hard then; you basically have to keys to use one rotates or moves the colours along a bar the next key is to drop the shape quicker, looks a bit basic graphically but the game is smooth and easy to play, I spent ages trying to beat my high score. Sounds isn't much just a few white noise pops, decent game and another variation on the theme

LADYBUG RELEASED FOR THE PET

To: "commodorefree@commodorefree.com
    Sent: Thursday, 4 April 2013, 7:05
    Subject: New Commodore PET game

Hi there,

You may want to add the news regarding the Commodore PET. I just released a game called Ladybug for the PET. It would be nice to advertise it. Free download

sdrv.ms/ZAWsjE

COMMODORE FREE: Mike yes thanks it's a nice game, see later in this issue
    for a full review

COMMVEX 2012 VIDEOS BEING POSTED

-----Original Message-----
    To: commodore free
    Subject: CommVEx 2012 videos being
    posted

On Thu, March 28, 2013 12:36 am, I wrote:

Veteran programmer/developer Jim Drew speaks at length about his involvement with Commodores and Amigas in the 1980's and 1990's, including his work with the companies, Utilities Unlimited and Megasoft. To see the video, "Jim Drew
    at CommVEx v8 2012", go to

blip.tv/episode/6559889

Another video is on-line! It is "Mike Hill and PETpix and PETdisk for the Commodore PET". In this CommVEx episode, Mike Hill demonstrates his hardware and software for the Commodore PET computer. You can find this at

blip.tv/episode/6563728

More videos to come, Robert Bernardo

Fresno Commodore User Group
    videocam.net.au/fcug

July 27-28 Commodore Vegas Expo v9 -
    www.portcommodore.com/commvex

SETUP YOUR OWN SPRITE IN C64
    BASIC YOUTUBE VIDEO

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSwf8wGOSr4

Published on 10 Mar 2013

This video will teach you how to setup your own sprite in Commodore 64 Basic.
    I created this since I noticed a lot of people are trying to do this first in assembly language (which is the hard way). However Commodore Basic can be just as powerful since you can mix both Basic and Assembly language. The video demonstrates a sprite being animated with a joystick. There are displays to show what the registers are doing to make it easier to follow.

Please provide me feedback on this video. I can provide more Basic examples if you need them. I'm thinking about next explaining more in detail how to create your own multicolour sprites. Much later I will finally put together a video
    to show you how to create your own redefined characters in Basic. I know I
    have put this off, but mainly because I don't have a good multicolour
    character editor and may have to create one.

Download the Sprite Basic program here (d64 file - created with VICE C64 emulator

www.programmermind.com/c64/C64Tutorial1.html

On my Commodore 64 web page look for the link that says Download Commodore 64 Basic Sprite Animation. Please let me know if you have difficulty downloading it. I am here to help as much as I can. Don't be afraid to ask me questions if this is your first time learning Basic programming as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSwf8wGOSr4

NEW V.A.M.P. 0.94 AVAILABLE

Available to download the new version of V.A.M.P. 0.94 the Virtual Amiga Multimedia Player programmed with Hollywood, this new version has big improvements, as bugs correction and to choose you languages among available: Spanish, English, Italian, French and Suomi, and the use the new Hollywood plugin to see jpeg2000 files with this Multiplayer for MorphOS, AmigaOS4, AmigaOS3.5-3.9 and Windows.

Download here from the new official site:

www.vamp.pm also www.vamp.es

Commodore Free: Nope sorry this isn't a picture of my good self; to be
    honest I have no idea who it is!

HAPPY EASTER

Hans-Jörg Frieden

Easter seems like an appropriate time to provide a short update on the development status of a few key components of the upcoming AmigaOS 4.2.

Exec SG : kernel development has been forked off into an experimental and stable branch, to facilitate field testing of potentially drastically new features such as the scheduler, separate address spaces, 64 bit address space awareness etc.

The task scheduler was completely rewritten in C and now implements the long planned "pluggable" scheduler functionality : the scheduling algorithm can be changed on the fly, during runtime depending on factors like task's preference and CPU load, different CPU cores using different scheduling algorithms. The re-write of the scheduler also allows for load balancing which is required for proper multicore support.

Work is in progress on yet another Power ISA implementation.

Gallium : bumped to Mesa 9.1, i.e. OpenGL 3.1. Software renderer already implemented, work on hardware accelerated drivers within the framework of Gallium will benefit substantially by the experience gained developing Warp3D drivers for the AMD Radeon Evergreen range (Radeon HD 5xxx/6xxx).

Please note that whilst work on AmigaOS 4.2 is in progress, work on other components is also ongoing and will be made available via AmiUpdate to

--- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)