• Commodore Free, Issue 70 - Part2

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/281 to all on Mon May 13 17:39:59 2013
    this game, you play a spy who has managed to get an assassin locked up in a prison back in Sweden. Unfortunately, just as you get back to England, you didn't realise that the assassin had various spies - out to mow you down.

This game requires two joysticks. Joystick port 2 will control the main player's car, and joystick port 1 will control the cross hair. The cross
    hair's purpose is to shoot spy helicopters on sight. During the journey across the busy junctions, and roads, you will have to shoot the bad guys who want to stop you from reaching your HQ. Can you blaze your way through the highway and reach freedom, or will the assassin win this time?

Additional info: As indicated on the loader scroll text. This game is planned to be improved and released as a bonus title for a future commercial Alf Yngve SEUCK games compilation, "SEUDS #3", which plans to have additional enhancements and power ups, to enhance game play more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WARSPITE

By Phil!88/Fusion

This is a cool space shoot 'em up which was originally written for the commercial market, but sadly it never got released. No market was interested. So it become a Public Domain game.

Mission briefing:

An intergalactic war between man and aliens have commenced. Earth discovered that an invasion is imminent, so we have sent a fleet of our own space hyper crafts into the enemy base, inside Starship Xenone. As soon as you approached the enemy base, war breaks loose. The alien empire are ready for you to do battle against them, before you can destroy their base.

Guide your ship carefully through each level, blasting away at the aliens. If you miss any aliens, you will not be able to pick up any bonus power ups. Otherwise take what is available to you, for future waves. Yes, that's right. It is a big battle. Can you break through all of the alien waves and destroy their base, or will Earth be their new home and man kind be blazed out?

JAMES FLY

by Samar

Back in 2005/2006 I was given kind permission to release this game on to the last cover disk "Issue 53 to be precise" of Commodore Scene. Although I did compile the cover disk for issue 53, along with some great programs. This
    sadly never happened. The good news is that now, today you are able to enjoy this excellent fast paced platform game, with really nice graphics and good game play.

You are James Fly. Trapped in a crazy world full of assorted monsters. He
    makes his escape. You are able to pick up items strewn around the huge
    platform maze for extra points. Out to stop you are some monsters. You can simply trample on them to let them go, but getting everything from the
    platform maze is a real challenge. Luckily the map on screen is out there to help you - if you know what I mean). Can you complete this huge maze, without losing all of your energy. Or will you be trapped in there forever?

TRAC TROOPA

by XraYZ Software, Music by Richard Bayliss

This is a game inspired by the classic game, Bounder. As far as I know. This game never found a commercial release but back in 2004, we were contributed this game for the TND web site. I added the music, and here it is on this issue's cover tape.

You are a cyborg trooper, who has to travel across a track from area 0 to area 9. The trouble is that crossing the track is pretty challenging. There are assorted aliens, in which need to be shot down to make the track easier. But first, you will need fire power. This is where the pads on the floor will
    help. The blue rocket objects represent the lasers, the purple high objects represent the walls (avoid smashing into those), the green circles will make you jump. Cyan is Ice (Slippy). Yellow is replenishment for your shield. While you are playing the game, you will discover what each object on the platform does to take effect. Are you willing and able enough to reach from the very first zone to the very last, or will you fail?

NEXT ISSUE:

We have a very BIG surprise in store for you next issue. All I can say is that we'll keep it quiet. You will have to wait and see what happens. Enjoy this issue's cover tape.

READERS COMMENTS

COMMODORE FREE: I have re-worded some of these comments and also removed
    "swear words" but the essence of the text is as they were sent in, also some
    of the emails were very long winded and so had to be truncated down.

To: Commodore Free
    Subject: Magazine

Dear Commodore Free

I have been reading the magazine for some time; but have a comment to make; I think you have far too many adverts in, because of this it pains me to read through them all; and if this continues then I will have to revaluate if i
    read you magazine or not also please do not list my email

COMMODORE FREE: Ok point taken but...............

Subject: Commodore Free Magazine

Commodore Free

I enjoy reading the magazine and I must thank you for the adverts that have guided me to items I would have missed had I not seen them in the magazine; like the commodore Amiga emulator by Cloanto I had not seen this before
    reading your magazine and ordered a copy.

COMMODORE FREE: Ok so it's more and less of the same then, I guess it's impossible to cater for all users, maybe the adverts should all be at the back of the magazine? But would someone miss them then? The other problem is although the magazine is free web-hosting isn't, and so the adverts help pay for this although it's minimal as I only charge £1 per page per month; but every little helps.

Subject: C=Free

I like the way you have a good mix of items covering all commodore hardware, I enjoy reading about all systems

COMMODORE FREE: Then I received this email

--- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)