• Commodore Free, Issue 69 - Part6

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/281 to all on Wed Apr 24 15:00:52 2013
    copies). Reply this email if you have not reserved a copy yet and are interested in this game.

For those that haven't preordered/registered their interest yet, now is the time to do so!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[TAPE-A-TON] - COMBINED SHIPPING AND DISCOUNT ON ALL CASSETTE TAPE ORDERS.

Did you know that if you are buying multiple cassette tape-games you will get
    a discount as well as combined shipping? This goes for all tape games for any platform, old and new releases

* 2 tape games - 15 euro + 5 euro S&H

* 4 tape games - 30 euros + 8 euro S&H

Note: The ZX81 titles are currently low on stock, but register your interest and i hope to have them back in stock soon.

[GAME REVIEWS - AVALANCHE (VIC20) & MAYHEM (ZX81)]

The reviews keep coming in, luckily all of them good. Avalanche (VIC20) got reviewed in Retro gamer Magazine, issue 112. "A no frills game we found difficult to put down" - 86%

Also, Both Avalanche (VIC20) and Mayhem (ZX81) got reviewed in the popular german magazine: RETURN Magazine. Their reviews don't award scores, but both reviews were very positive about the games.

[COMING SOON]

Here's a sneak peak of what is coming up.

February:

* Shipping out all the remaining copies of Astrododge for the Colecovision

* Start shipment on Astrododge / SG-1000.

Rest of Q1-2013 (March/April):

* Finishing development on my new game Shifted for the Colecovision and MSX.

* Releasing Stairrunner for the Commodore PET computers

* Releasing Shifted for the Sinclair ZX-81

* Developing Astrododge for the Sega Master System.

That's it for now, more news next month!

Kind regards,
    Martijn / Revival Studios

Revival Studios - Game development for Classic systems such as the Atari, Colecovision, Commodore, MSX, Sega, Videopac/Odyssey2, Vectrex, ZX81 and more.

www.revival-studios.com

TURBO CHAMELEON - MINIMIG JOYSTICKS

AMR is working on the Minimig core for the Turbo Chameleon. You can read all about the progress on his blog. The latest changes are: The Commodore C64 joystick ports are now usable from the Minimig core. A problem with the Extended Fast RAM is resolved. And in the OSD menu you can now select 24 Mbyte of Fast RAM.

retroramblings.net/?page_id=276

VAMPIRE A600 FPGA ACCELERATOR PROJECT

NEWS from the website

FIRST AMIGA600 FPGA ACCELERATOR PROJECT

I m talking about creating worlds first FPGA Amiga accelerator, and I m
    working on this project more than 2 years. Idea is to create open hardware database, where everyone can build accelerator for their Amiga computers, also improve some characteristics and propose some ideas so we can bring old computers into life so they can act like modern computers supporting some new standards. Why, you may ask just because of that feeling you can't find with modern computers. You are feeling alive and able to accomplish anything, work with any part of that hardware, change it improve it, to be one with that hardware. Also that hardware I need to create is related to VHDL programing language so it can become also open software so anyone with some knowledge to VHDL can get higher speeds with that open hardware. At the end we can have old computers who can support anything like modern ones. So I think that this
    could bring something to large Amiga community and that they need that web
    site with open hardware and software for Amiga. Also i have major support from some large electronic companies because there are also some nostalgic people who would like to see my project is working. I had some offers to sold my schematics, codes to some German and American companies but I say no because this needs to be open hard&soft platform free for everyone who likes and lives for old nostalgic computers!!!

Please support Vampire FPGA Project

www.majsta.com/

REVIEW: DOWN! FOR THE PET
    By Commodore Free

Ahh! The humble pet! Suddenly it's all a flurry, with new game releases, and here is yet another Revival-Studios game for said machine. The last game Commodore Free reviewed (Avalanche) is a quality release that is still fresh
    in my mind. Was it a 1 hit pony for the company? Could it be all downhill
    from there?

Well, NO! The game is a conversion of the ZX81 version (from the same
    company), and yet again, it's another quality release. It's another game
    that's so simple in its design, so elegant in execution, and some other
    analogy that I can't actually think of in its programming and technical do-dah-what's-its-face that makes it up there with something else that I can't think of at this moment in time! (The reviewer now takes a break and has a hot cup of tea, sighs and continues his game review.)

MOVING ON THEN

Avalanche was absolutely great on the PET, so it was with great excitement I received this game to review. Loading up, we have a stark menu with just the words:

DOWN

and

--- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)