Al Jackson

PDF DESIGN
    Nigel Parker

WEBSITE
    www.commodorefree.com

EMAIL ADDRESS
    commodorefree@commodorefree.com

SUBMISSIONS

Articles are always wanted for the magazine. Contact us for details. We can't pay you for your efforts but you are safe in the knowledge that you have
    passed on details that will interest other Commodore enthusiasts.

NOTICES

All materials in this magazine are the property of Commodore Free unless otherwise stated. All copyrights, trademarks, trade names, internet domain names or other similar rights are acknowledged. No part of this magazine may
    be reproduced without permission. The appearance of an advert in the magazine does not necessarily mean that the goods/services advertised are associated with or endorsed by Commodore Free Magazine.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2013
    Commodore Free Magazine
    All Rights Reserved.

EDITORIAL

Hi welcome again, this is the first issue of the new year! So as is the earth custom I wish you Salutations and acknowledgements to the new year; fellow earth creatures. Of course the world didn't end in the latter part of 2012 despite me downloading the count-down applications and sitting under a cardboard box with a tea towel on my head (for maximum protection), after the app bleeped and the message came up to inform me that the word had ended I tentatively clamed out from my "safe" hiding place to the same world i saw
    when I entered my safe haven. I guess that all the praying people did and the various Shamen who took it upon themselves to save us seemed to have done a great job, unless, maybe someone miscalculated the date?

This issue we have the return of the Commodore Free cover Tape, or more specifically tap file collections, I have been emailed by a few people and the feedback seems to be quite positive for this although some people have expressed that all the files are Commodore 64 related and would like some C16 and Vic programs to play with. Everything is a work in progress and if you
    have any submissions then feel free to get in touch with me about what you have.

It's all the same old same as far as the magazine goes. More news, reviews and even a competition! Wow. If you ever had the need to code a 1 liner as they call them then now is your chance to show your programming genius on this.
    Heck the example even has a 1 line skiing game! Just to pick one example and a duel scroll to prove I can't just pick 1 example out of the ones supplied. Thanks to Shaun for his suggestion and text on the competition and of course for volunteering to judge the whole concept. One lucky person will win - well nothing really just the prestigious title of "Commodore Free one line coder winner" Hmmmm I need to work on the title, needs some marketing magic to turn it into something snappy and memorable. Still your all welcome to enter whatever platform (well assuming it's a commodore one)

That's all from me. Stay safe.

Regards
    Nigel (editor)

www.commodorefree.com

COMMODORE FREE E-COVER TAPE #3
    By Richard Bayliss

Last issue there was no cover tape. This was mainly because of me being too busy in real life, having less time for C64 activities. I bet you missed us last issue hmm? Don't panic. Now things are much quieter we are happy to bring you the long awaited mammoth cover tape. Why mammoth? This is because we have some amazing stuff for you this issue to make up for last issue. Unfortunately due to lack of new contributions we had to delve into the archives to see what great games could be found for this issue's cover tape. Good news is, I found something quite exclusive and on side 2 of the cover tape - it's all there.

Hopefully in the future some exclusive new games or demos will come to us. If you have a game, demo or utility you feel should be added to our cover tape, then please email it to richardbayliss.c64@gmail.com on .d64, .tap, .prg or whatever. We do all the tape remastering anyway :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

STORMBIRD

(C)2013 Commodore Free + TND Games

Programming: Anthony Burns (SEUCK)
    Additional: Richard Bayliss
    Music: Richard Bayliss
    Genre: Shoot 'Em Up (Vertical)
    Controls: Joystick in Port 1 or 2

1944 - British and American forces have broken the German defences and are advancing inexorably through occupied Europe. Defeat now seems inevitable for the Reich, and only one thing stands in the way of complete humiliation: The world's first combat-operational jet fighter plane; the Messerschmitt ME 262 "Stormbird". Though faster and more agile than anything the enemy forces can send against it, the ME 262 is seriously outnumbered, as the exhausted German War Machine is not able to produce them in great enough numbers to turn the tide.

Taking command of a squadron of seven ME 262's (With an extra one being assigned for each 10,000 points scored), Your mission is to recapture a V-2 rocket development bass that has fallen to allied forces. In order to reach
    the base, you will have to penetrate several waves of air defences, as well as relentless barrage of anti-aircraft fire from enemy infantry, and occasional attacks from the heaviest and deadliest bombers the enemy have to send against you.

Shoot down the enemy planes and also the ground forces, and capture the V-12 Rocket plant. Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

REVENGE OF THE TOMATO

(C)2013 Commodore Free + TND Games

Programming: Richard Bayliss
    Graphics: Richard Bayliss,
    Achim Volkers
    Music: Richard Bayliss
    Genre: Shoot 'Em Up (Horiz)
    Controls: Joystick in Port 2

It is the year 2173. Planet Earth was full of peace and hope, until one day
    - while everybody was fast asleep in bed, snoozin' away, dreaming of good things. Aliens hovered above the towns and cities searching for a good source for an invasion. The humble tomato. The very next day, everybody woke up to hear on the radio that an unexpected series of objects are floating above the city. Scientists looked above their telescopes noticing that it is a tomato. When they saw tomatoes floating above the sky. They found it to be hilarious. Unfortunately, what they thought were hilarious, turned into horror. One of
    the tomatoes swooped down, and sucked a victim. The city was turned into turmoil. People p
    --- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)