• Commodore Free, Issue 66 - Part5

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/281 to all on Sun Dec 16 14:34:01 2012
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=CnGaxCwaeuU

The game is available on Cassette tape and as digital download.

* Cassette Tape+Digital download = 7,99 euros
    * Digital Download = 3,99 euros

You can email me at: sales@revival-studios.com to order this game.

For more information about the game, including screenshots and packaging photos, visit: http://www.revival-studios.com/?page=139

[ZX81] NEW GAME RELEASE - DOWN!

As you might remember, I released my first two ZX81 games a little while ago.

Since then I have received a lot of positive feedback. ZX81 fans were thrilled to see fast arcade games being released on this system(due to the nature of
    the system, ZX81 games are traditionally quite slow and flickery, unlike my games). Well... Now I am proud to present my new game release for the Sinclair ZX-81, called Down!

In Down, the player needs to escape a burning village by manoeuvring downwards into the caverns beneath the village. Fall down from platform to platform
    while picking up items to gain points.

The game features, include:

* Fast and addictive arcade gameplay
    * Running animated character in just a few tiny monochrome pixels
    * Internet High score uploading
    * Online rewards
    * Support for AY-sound boards
    * ZXpand joystick interface support

The game runs on a standard ZX-81 with 16KB ram and is available on:

* cassette tape+digital download (7,99 euros)
    * digital download (3,99 euros).

You can email me at: sales@revival-studios.com to order this game.

For more information about the game, visit: http://www.revival-studios.com/?page=135

[VIDEOPAC/O2] - REVIVAL STUDIOS 2012 REWARDS COMPETITION

The videopac/o2 rewards competition is still ongoing. Please get your rewards in before the year ends! Join the Revival Studios 2012 Rewards Competition
    with more than 120 euros worth of prizes!

The Rules:

Each of my videopac games has a number of rewards (or achievements/trophies if you will) that can be unlocked by performing certain tasks in the game. Once you met the criteria for a specific reward, you can upload you high score code (even if you didn't get a high score an) these rewards will synchronise when using the same nickname.

The person with the most unlocked rewards on January 1st, 2013 will be the winner.

Scoring:

Rewards can be found in the following 6 games: AstroDodge (2011), Mayhem (2011), Colorclash (2012) , Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (2012) and the soon
    to be released Cavity (Q3-2012) and Stairrunner (Q4-2012). These games consist of bronze, silver and gold rewards. You can view all the rewards and their descriptions for each videopac/o2 game here: http://www.revival-studios.com/highscores/?consoleid=4&gameid=1

The following points are given to each reward:

* bronze: 1 point
    * silver: 2 points
    * gold: 6 points

On average, each game will contain 1 or 2 bronze, 1 silver and 1 gold reward. This means that even if you don't own all games, you could still win if you
    get a few of the more difficult 6-point gold rewards (like for example getting 1000 points in big-ship mode).

In an event of a tie, the fastest time/highest score in Mage will be decisive.

The prizes:

The are 2 prizes to be given away:

First Prize: A Collector's Edition of Mage: The Enchanted Crystals

- Runner-up: A free copy of my Q1-2013 game

Closing date:
    January 1st, 2013

A tip to get you started: To unlock the easter eggs in AstroDodge and Mayhem: You have to hold a specific key during the splashscreen until the titlescreen pops up.

GOOD LUCK!

[VIDEOPAC/ODYSSEY 2] - THE VIDEOPAC/ODYSSEY2 LOYALTY PROGRAM

Since the release of my videopac/odyssey2 stuff and more recently my home computer efforts, I have received lots a good feedback and support by retro-enthusiasts like yourself. By buying my games, you are allowing me to create new games for classic game systems (both popular and niche systems).

To give something back to the most loyal supporters, I am starting something called the loyalty program for the Videopac/Odyssey2 system, starting with the release of Cavity. The loyalty program will apply to anyone who owns all my previous videopac games (at the time of writing: astrododge, mayhem,
    colorclash and mage: the enchanted crystals), and will give you the following benefits:

* Discounts on upcoming videopac/odyssey2 games (starting with cavity)
    * Free goodies and/or Exclusive items

The loyalty program only applies to my videopac/odyssey2 work, but I might extend it to other platforms as well in the future.

[8-BIT HOME COMPUTERS] - COMMODORE AND MORE...

With the first VIC-20 game released, and my second VIC-20 game coming out in November, I am currently looking into the other Commodore machines like the Commodore PET, Commodore 16 and Commodore 64. I will definitely have more Commodore news for you guys in the following months.

Additionally I am also looking into the Apple-II and Amstrad CPC, although I won't expect a release on these systems before 2013.

[SEGA SG-1000 / MSX / COLECOVISION] - NEXT MONTH...

Still in progress, I hope to set up a few webpages for the first game on these platforms soon, so we will have something to talk about in next month's newsletter.

[SOCIAL MEDIA] REVIVAL STUDIOS ON TWITTER

For those that haven't checked it out yet: You can join me on Twitter (@revival_studios) for more day-to-day updates and previews of upcoming stuff. You can also join my Facebook, although I don't use Facebook actively (it just redirects to my twitter feed).

Here are the links:

* Twitter (@revival_studios) - twitter.com/#!/revival_studios

* YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/user/revivalstudios

* Pinterest - pinterest.com/revivalstudios/

IN CLOSING

That's it for now! Thanks to everyone who has supported my efforts and
    provided feedback. If you have any suggestions or remarks (positive or negative),don't hesitate to email me.

Kind regards,
    Martijn / Revival Studios

AMIGAOS 4 NEWS: A FROG GAME

News from imagodespira

Our next little game, A Frog Game, is ready for download!

FEATURES:

* hardware accelerated graphics up to 1920x1080 Pixels, 32Bit (Sam440/733 + Radeon 9250 -> ca. 150FPS at1280x1024)
    * 1 player mode vs. computer
    * 2 player mode
    * Online High score (http://www.amiboing.de)
    * Online Awards
    * self made Soundtrack :)
    * hand drawn graphics

You can find the full Version for 5,- Euros and a free Trial Version here:

www.amiboing.de/gameDetail.php?id=4

V.A.M.P. PLAYER 0.86 AVAILABLE

The V.A.M.P. player is available for download for AmigaOS4, MorphOS and
    Windows in its site: www.vamp.es This multimedia player is programmed with Hollywood and it is with part of source code from Andreas Falkenhahn examples to VideoPlayer and AnimPlayer, I make this little tool to demonstrate the multimedia options of this programming language it isn't a substitute of other best video players but almost.

Also this a little tool to test the video formats supported for Hollywood.

V.A.M.P. display the next multimedia formats currently:

* Amiga Anim formats: anim, anim5, ham6, ham8 (Not Available for x64).
    * MovieSetter movies format. (Not Available for x64).
    * Gif anims.
    * Show pictures: jpg, png, gif, lbm, bmp, svg.
    * Video formats: cdxl, ogg, avi, mov, mpeg, mpg, wmv, flv, mp4, DivX, mkv.
    * Play music & sound files: mp3, mod, 8svx, 16sv, iff, wav, wave, riff, ogg.

FASTATA 4000 MK-VI CF/SATA: NEW
    BOOTROM VER. 7.0

ELBOX COMPUTER is pleased to announce that the FastATA 4000 MK-VI CF/SATA controllers are now shipped with the new BootROM (ver.7.0). New BootROM was developed in order to ensure full compatibility with AmigaOS 4.1.

ABOUT FASTATA 4000 MK-VI CF/SATA

With the FastATA 4000 MK-VI CF/SATA controller you can now take advantage of the latest low-cost, high-capacity and fast SATA/ATA/EIDE devices
    --- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)