SYS 58451 Re-enable the JiffyDOS
    commands (64 mode)
    SYS 58551 Re-enable the JiffyDOS
    function keys and commands
    (64 mode)
    SYS 65137 Re-enable the JiffyDOS
    commands (128 mode)

"THE AMIGA WORKS" KICKSTARTER PROJECT

Allister Brimble has just launched a Kickstarter project for his new double album "The Amiga Works". He will create up to date CD quality versions and remixes of his best musical works from the Commodore. The album artwork and an A2 poster will be designed by Rico Holmes who was the inspiration and artist behind the original Alien Breed series and other Team 17 games. Visit Allister's Kickstarter page.

QUOTE:

"I have received many requests to create new versions of my tracks in the
    past, but I never felt I could improve on them.. until now. The technology exists to inspire me to create new versions of my tunes for these much loved games from the Commodore Amiga."

- Allister Brimble

As a big fan of his work I am very excited about this project. Recommend you get over to the project page now and make a pledge! :)

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2059538678/the-amiga-works

Source: http://www.exotica.org.uk

NEW ARTICLES ON OBLIGEMENT

The following articles have been added to the website of the French Amiga/MorphOS magazine Obligement (http://obligement.free.fr) during the last two months :

* September/October 2012 news.

* News: insights about the Amiga in 2012.

* Old articles from A-News 13 to 16: Review of KindWords 2, File: voice synthesis, Report: World Of Commodore Show 1989, Review of Kick Off, File : video titler, Hardware: A590, Hardware: LUCAS 68020, Review of Sculpt-Animate 4Dn etc.

* Report: Amigāteries 2011.

* Interview with Yannick Buchy (webmaster of Meta-MorphOS.org).

* Interview with Aaron Digulla (coordinator of AROS, from December 2006).

* Point of view: hardware projects on Amiga.

* Review of Amiga Forever 2012.
    * Review of Hurrican.
    * Review of Wild Streets.
    * Review of Thundercats.
    * Review of Curse Of Enchantia.
    * Review of The Colonel's Bequest.
    * Hardware: reflash of graphic cards in order to use it on Mac/MorphOS (update).
    * File: Amiga history, year 1999 (update).
    * File: Amiga shoot'em ups (1991).
    * File: Amiga shoot'em ups (1992).
    * Tutorial: Imagine 3D - creation of a simple asteroid.
    * Tutorial: utilisation of GMail with SimpleMail and YAM (update).
    * Tutorial: presentation and utilisation of Amiga911 Maker (update).

Article in English:

* Tutorial: utilization and configuration of Amiga911 Maker 1.54.

Rendezvous on obligement.free.fr for this nice reading.

All translations are welcome. Please contact David "Daff" Brunet for more
    info.

REVIVAL STUDIOS NEWS

It's time again for an my monthly update regarding my retro/homebrew efforts.

With the release of no less than 3 new games, divided over multiple platforms, I've been so busy that I didn't have time to write this newsletter, which is why you receive it at the very end of the month. With more platforms and games in the pipeline, the next few months will be excited for you retro-enthusiasts.

[VIDEOPAC/O2] NEW GAME RELEASE - CAVITY

After the success of Mage: The Enchanted Crystals it is always a challenge to tackle the next game. I want to bring something fresh to the system with each release. While European gamers with a G7400/videopac+ usually have an edge in terms of graphics-quality, I decided to create an game experience that will be similar (and still look great) on both the stock Odyssey2, G7000 and G7400.

The game uses an advanced version of the colour routines I first used in Mage, I have been able to create in game graphics that don't even need a videopac+ background to look pretty! In cavity, Your goal is to navigate your way
    through the cave while collecting various power-ups for points. As the game gradually increases in both speed and difficulty, you can collect a yellow power-up which temporarily stops the speed from increasing.

If you get the special item by picking up the blinking power-up at the right moment, you will be rewarded with a massive boost to your score as well as an instant speed-down!

You can watch the trailer for the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAVZnIU7gS8

Game features:

* Playable on Videopac and Odyssey2 consoles
    * High resolution title screen on Videopac+ consoles
    * Multicolour background and cave.
    * Digitized speech using The voice add-on
    * Internet high score uploading
    * Online rewards system

The game is available now on cartridge for 39 euros + 5 euro S&H. An
    additional plastic Videopac box is available for 5 euros. Note that loyal-fans that own my other videopac games will receive a 4 euro discount! (see below)

You can email me at: sales@revival-studios.com to order this game.

For more information about the game, including screenshots, packaging shot and more, check out the game's page at: www.revival-studios.com/?page=136

[VIDEOPAC/O2] MAGE: THE ENCHANTED CRYSTALS SCORES A 90% REVIEW AND RETRO-SIZZLER AWARD

Positive reviews and feedback regarding my game Mage: The Enchanted Crystals for the Odyssey2 and Videopac consoles keep rolling in. I am pleased to let
    you know the game scored a nice 90% , and a retrogamer-sizzler award, in this month's Retro Gamer Magazine, issue 108. You can view a scan of the review here:

http://www.revival-studios.com/media/videopac/mage/mage_review_retrogamer.jpg

For those that unaware about this magazine. Retro Gamer magazine is a print-magazine by Imagine Publishing with a very large circulation of nearly 100.000 readers. In a time where print-publications are struggling, this magazine has a growing subscriber-base and won many awards for their magazine.

For more information about the game, visit the game's website at: http://www.revival-studios.com/?page=131

You can still order your copy of this game, or any of my other videopac/odyssey2 games, by replying/emailing to: sales@revival-studios.com

[COMMODORE VIC-20] NEW GAME RELEASE - AVALANCHE

Revival Studios has started development and publishing for the unexpanded Commodore VIC-20 home computer. The first release for the VIC-20 is a game Avalanche. Avalanche is a fun action game people can just pickup and play.

The player has to shoot the various gems that are falling down from the top of the screen. The gems are marked with symbols and the player has to match up
    the symbol of his ship with the symbol on the gems. The game will
    automatically increase in speed, but by strategically shooting gems you can align up to 5 gems in a row to gain points as well as slowing down the game
    for prolonged gameplay.

Game Features:

* Fast, flicker free, arcade gameplay
    * Gorgeous Multicoloured graphics
    * Works on the unexpanded VIC-20

You can check out the trailer for the game at:
    http://ww
    --- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)