Al Jackson

PDF DESIGN
    Nigel Parker

WEBSITE
    www.commodorefree.com

EMAIL ADDRESS
    commodorefree@commodorefree.com

SUBMISSIONS

Articles are always wanted for the magazine. Contact us for details. We can't pay you for your efforts but you are safe in the knowledge that you have
    passed on details that will interest other Commodore enthusiasts.

NOTICES

All materials in this magazine are the property of Commodore Free unless otherwise stated. All copyrights, trademarks, trade names, internet domain names or other similar rights are acknowledged. No part of this magazine may
    be reproduced without permission.

The appearance of an advert in the magazine does not necessarily mean that the goods/services advertised are associated with or endorsed by Commodore Free Magazine.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2012
    Commodore Free Magazine
    All Rights Reserved.

EDITORIAL

Hi readers

This will be the last issue before the Christmas holidays, so A very Merry and Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to you all, I hope you have been
    good little boys and girls and get whatever you want Santa Claus to bring you.

I would like to thank the various people who have emailed news items to the Commodore Free team over the years and of course the people who after some persuasion agreed to be interviewed. I would also like to thank the Commodore Free Team for all the work they do in helping to produce the magazine. and on
    a final note I would also like to thank all the readers of Commodore free and of course the demo coders and games creators and just people who keep the machine alive.

Ok you can all stop bowing over now and patting yourselves on the back we have another issue to fill so let's get going should we?!

IN THIS ISSUE

Flimsoft's premier product is launched, packaged and ready for download and we have a review in this issue of the game "Alien Bash 2". Will the game live up to the expectations and has the development on the preview created a more fuller game? Well you need to read the review to find out. I would say that
    the download is £1.99 so its won't break the bank and supporting a new developer must be applauded and encouraged.

We also have a review of the game Space Lords, I was lucky enough to obtain a cartridge version of the game and you can read more about the game in this issue, it's a 4 player pongtastic challenge! We also have a review of the
    Retro Derby bash complete with some pictures. This event was co created by Chris Snowden of www.commodore16.com and in the news section you can see someone filmed his almost complete Commodore 264 games, literally hundreds of titles were released for the machines and Chris has almost every title and variant.

The good old Vic 20 gets a look-in with 2 reviews one called Mayhem and
    another review from the denial website, both games run on the unexpanded machine! Commodore free looks into the murky depths of tape pirates and also ponders on what the Commodore 64 can teach the youth of today, is the machine and indeed any 8 bit machine still a useful teaching aid for children?

Finally I would like to close this section with a famous quote:

I would like to but can't think of a suitable one

People keep asking what is the point and I think I have finally found it.

[IMAGE]

There you go!

I will just like to wish you all a merry Christmas (again)

Regards
    Nigel

www.commodorefree.com

NEWS

NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE AT
    AMIGAKIT.COM

Amiga kit now have a wide range of new Individual Computers products available.

Here is news from the website.

ACA 1232 33Mhz accelerator with 128MB SDRAM : 68030 CPU equipped accelerator for the Amiga 1200
    ACA 1220 16Mhz accelerator with 128MB SDRAM
    ACA 1220 25Mhz accelerator with 128MB SDRAM

These are both 68020 CPU equipped accelerator for the Amiga 1200 with lots of Fast memory at a great price. We have the Real Time Clock upgrade for these accelerators, which is also compatible with selected A1200 clockports.

Apart from our own ZorRAM product, we also have the BigRAMPlus 256MB Zorro III memory expansion.

US Webstore: www.amigakit.us
    UK Webstore: www.amigakit.co.uk
    Europe Webstore: www.amigakit.eu

COMMODORE 16 MEGA GAMES COLLECTION

The Complete Commodore 16/Plus4 Collection

When it comes to the games, www.commodore16.com Admin Chris Snowdon has just about every single release. All that is missing is the big-boxed edition of Cuthbert Enters The Tombs Of Doom by Microdeal.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejpQcxJnq4

Notes from YouTube

Thanks to Chris Snowdon for showing us his bountiful unmatchable collection.

Although he has the normal version of Cuthbert In The Tombs Of Doom. Let's
    hope that he eventually acquires that last rare fabled big plastic boxed edition again someday for total completion :)

PAKU PAKU - C64

Jason M. Knight has created a game for the Commodore C64. The game is based on the classic game Pac Man. The game can be played with the keyboard or a joystick. Paku Paku is "Cardware", this means that if you like the game you
    can send a postcard to Jason.

NOTES FROM JASON

Here it is, my 'port' of Paku Paku to the Commodore 64. This is released to
    the public as Cardware -- if you enjoy the game, please just send me a
    postcard as payment, preferably one that has a local photograph of where you are from. Apart from that consider all enclosed code to be released to the public domain -- that's just how I roll.

FEATURES

* Based on original Pac Man map reduced to use 3x3 tiles instead of 8x8. This preserves the aspect ratio, map and scoring of the original game.

* Familiar WASD keyboard mapping for those used to modern games, and the old IJKM mapping for those more comfortable with a 'classic' C64 arrow layout.

* Support for either joystick port, though to use port A you must start the game with its button.

* No cross-talk between active joystick and keyboard. (a common issue with
    --- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: --:)-- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)