http://www.commodorefree.com/

Issue 56

Free to download magazine
    dedicated to Commodore computers
    Available as PDF, ePUB, MOBI, HTML,
    TXT, SEQ and D64 disk image

=====================================

EDITORIAL
    WOW this is a great issue! (Of course you could argue otherwise and may just print it out the line the budgies cage!)

In this issue, I have an interview with ROBERTO DILLON the creator of a book called Golden Age of Video Games: The Birth of a Multi billion Dollar
    Industry. I know this isn’t strictly just Commodore related but more a retro look at the whole industry. The interview I am sure you will find shows how passionate Roberto is about the industry and also how he still loves and is impressed with Commodore; and the uses we are putting our machines to.

The Next Issue of Commodore Free will have a review of the book. Sorry you
    have to wait as that should give me enough time to read it from cover to cover and make something loosely called a review (of sorts).

What I can tell you at the moment is; it’s a concise and easy read about Computing history with a more balanced approach than some other computer history books, who seem to miss out the relevance of Commodore altogether.
    The book does have some information about the internal politics of Commodore and........

Ahhh well for more you need to read the next issue to find out more.

We have a Couple of games reviews; most notable of these is the very long over due and much anticipated release of “Prince of Persia” or POP as some people
    call it. After years of being put to rest the game has been coded from the apple disassembly by Mr SID, Does it stand the test of time and is it any
    good? All these questions are answered in my review, a temptation is to give the game a 10/10 However I sawed from this temptation and scored the game with my gut feelings, although it is long awaited and very good I don’t feel it worthy of a 10 score.

Also is a game called OUT SPACE, this has now been finished after the project was started some years ago and put on hold, the code has been revamped and updated to finish the game for general release. I can tell you if you are a Jeff Minter fan then this is a game you need to play, as its on the same wavelength and Jeff’s efforts.

Mix all this with some news, Chuck the whole thing into a PDF creator and we end up with something people call a fanzine Enjoy and feel free to send comments.

Regards
    Nigel (EDITOR)
    And the Commodore free team
    NEWS

Theatre of War II: The Pacific FOR THE VIC20 **********************************************

Name: Theatre of War II: The Pacific
    Author: Ghislain
    Released: November 5, 2011
    Requirements: Unexpanded VIC-20 + Disk Drive.
    Description: In the sequel to the first WW2 Tactical Strategy game that takes place on the Eastern Front in Russia, this time you are transported to the Pacific Ocean where you command the Imperial Japanese Navy against the
    American forces.

The preamble states: "June 1942. Our Grand Imperial Navy is chasing the Yankee interlopers across the Pacific Ocean. We will attack a fatal blow at Midway
    and then hunt them into their havens". If you can defeat the the enemy through five levels of increasing difficulty, you will have achieved the ultimate victory.

There is also a two-player option. Instructions are included in the game program from the main menu.

Download https://sites.google.com/site/gdbsite5000/main/theater2official.zip ?attredirects=0&d=1

Discuss http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5413

AMIGA It's a Knockout! 2011/12

It's a Knockout! a classic Amiga knock-out tournament run by the forum members of Lemon Amiga and English Amiga Board. Returning for a 3rd time. Five games will be played over seven weeks. Score high and knock out your opponents.

Voting for the comp Starts Now (November 13th) and will remain open for two weeks. Once voting is closed competition will begin!! Voting:
    Lemon Amiga http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9485

EAB
    http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61823

The first round of competition will be a qualifying round. The following
    rounds will be run in a round-robin format until only 2 competitors remain!
    The final two will battle it out to be the "It's a Knockout! 2011/12" Champion.

Voting will be limited to games played during the 2011 Lemon vs EAB Super Comp.

which are...
    Soccer Kid
    Batman The Movie
    Xenon II: Mega Blast
    Yo! Joe!
    Indy Heat
    Turrican II
    Superfrog
    Zeewolf
    Ruff 'n' Tumble
    Vroom
    Pang
    Pinball Dreams
    Alien Fish Finger
    Llamatron
    Magic Pockets

--- CrashWrite 2.0
    * Origin: -:)--- Dragon's Lair BBS --(:- (39:901/281)