• Congress UFO hearing

From Laudanum_Seagull@46:1/104 to All on Sat Aug 5 17:14:29 2023
    Anyone else who watched the hearing? I'm in no way a UFO die hard myself, but it was an intriguing watch for sure and nonpartisan too. Three very credible witnesses on the stand and kind of wild that Pentagon has failed every audit for five times in a row. A lot of top tier academics are coming out as well in support of disclosure, Garry Nolan to name one.

What are people's thoughts on this? The supposed alien aircrafts are just a bonus in my opinion. What's more important is that only 39% of the funding to Pentagon is accounted for. And like the two pilots in the hearing state, there are too many near accidents because pilots keep encountering these UFO/UAP's on regularly.

... "No comment" is a comment.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/01/28 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflag.acid.org:23 (46:1/104)
  • From Nightfox@46:1/150 to Laudanum_Seagull on Mon Aug 21 15:12:07 2023
    Re: Congress UFO hearing
    By: Laudanum_Seagull to All on Sat Aug 05 2023 05:14 pm

Anyone else who watched the hearing? I'm in no way a UFO die hard myself, but it was an intriguing watch for sure and nonpartisan too. Three very credible witnesses on the stand and kind of wild that Pentagon has failed every audit for five times in a row. A lot of top tier academics are coming out as well in support of disclosure, Garry Nolan to name one.

What are people's thoughts on this? The supposed alien aircrafts are just a bonus in my opinion. What's more important is that only 39% of the funding to Pentagon is accounted for. And like the two pilots in the hearing state, there are too many near accidents because pilots keep encountering these UFO/UAP's on regularly.

I didn't watch (didn't know of a public hearing), but I think the UFO discussion from the US government is interesting. I've always been interested in UFOs and have wondered if any of the UFO stories are actually true (some government activity has been particularly suspicious). The US government has kept this kind of stuff hidden from the general public for so long, and I think it's not far off to assume they have been hiding something.

... "No comment" is a comment.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" - Rush

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com (46:1/150)
  • From esc@46:1/111 to Nightfox on Tue Aug 22 00:13:44 2023
    I didn't watch (didn't know of a public hearing), but I think the UFO discussion from the US government is interesting. I've always been interested in UFOs and have wondered if any of the UFO stories are actually true (some government activity has been particularly
    suspicious). The US government has kept this kind of stuff hidden from
    the general public for so long, and I think it's not far off to assume they have been hiding something.

Playing devil's advocate here (just for the sake of exploring all sides of this topic in a reasonable way) but wouldn't other countries have noticed things like this as well in their airspace? Why would no other country break the news that there were UFOs? I don't think there's any secret global coalition keeping UFO activity under wraps, so I wonder...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M (46:1/111)
  • From jack phlash@46:1/145 to esc on Tue Aug 22 08:12:32 2023
    on 22 Aug 2023, esc said...

Playing devil's advocate here (just for the sake of exploring all sides
    of this topic in a reasonable way) but wouldn't other countries have noticed things like this as well in their airspace? Why would no other country break the news that there were UFOs? I don't think there's any secret global coalition keeping UFO activity under wraps, so I wonder...

Mr. Devil's Advocate, meet Mr. Devil's Advocate. The US surely certainly has the most sophisticated peacetime aerospace surveillance and monitoring systems in the world, and we're definitely the country with the most planes (both military and period) in our skies by a ridiculously huge margin, so we'd have more opportunity to spot and/or encounter UFOs.

A relatively innocuous conspiracy theory that is popular with both right and left leaning people is that this whole thing was meant to distract from major issues troubling each party at the moment - everything going on with Trump for Republicans, and... I dunno, Hunter Biden's laptop or whatever for the Democrats, or perhaps in the more classic big, monolithic evil federal government conspiracy theory I grew up loving, just the state of things in general, or perhaps something we don't even know about (which they'd like to keep that way.) *shrug*

|08j |15A C K |08p |15H L A S H |08!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: d i s t o r t i o n // d1st.org (46:1/145)
  • From Dumas Walker@46:10/121 to JACK PHLASH on Tue Aug 22 15:56:00 2023
    A relatively innocuous conspiracy theory that is popular with both right and le
    t leaning people is that this whole thing was meant to distract from major issu
    s troubling each party at the moment - everything going on with Trump for Repub
    icans, and... I dunno, Hunter Biden's laptop or whatever for the Democrats, or >erhaps in the more classic big, monolithic evil federal government conspiracy t
    eory I grew up loving, just the state of things in general, or perhaps somethin
    we don't even know about (which they'd like to keep that way.) *shrug*

They trotted UFOs out when a lot of stuff was going on, so this would make sense. Several, several years ago, the state legislature and governor here made anti-gay marriage the biggest deal to draw our attention away from the state's growing economic issues... issues which eventually lead to threats of our bond rating being lowered.

They lost their crusade, btw, as even conservatives were not happy with the governor's tactics.

* SLMR 2.1a * */ <==-- Tribble with a lightsaber
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (46:10/121)
  • From jack phlash@46:1/145 to Dumas Walker on Wed Aug 23 18:39:42 2023
    on 22 Aug 2023, Dumas Walker said...

They trotted UFOs out when a lot of stuff was going on, so this would
    make sense. Several, several years ago, the state legislature and governor here made anti-gay marriage the biggest deal to draw our attention away from the state's growing economic issues... issues which eventually lead to threats of our bond rating being lowered.

They lost their crusade, btw, as even conservatives were not happy with the governor's tactics.

Yep! I mean, the use of these kind of distraction tactics are pretty well document at this point, albeit, typically a little less wild than reports of UFO and alien corpses.

|08j |15A C K |08p |15H L A S H |08!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: d i s t o r t i o n // d1st.org (46:1/145)
  • From Dumas Walker@46:10/121 to JACK PHLASH on Thu Aug 24 07:48:00 2023
    Yep! I mean, the use of these kind of distraction tactics are pretty well docum
    nt at this point, albeit, typically a little less wild than reports of UFO and >lien corpses.

Indeed. This one is pretty wild. Makes you wonder if this wild is the
    future of distractions. ;)

* SLMR 2.1a * He's a few holes short of a whiffle ball.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Accession@46:1/100 to jack phlash on Thu Aug 24 18:08:34 2023
    Hello jack,

On Wed Aug 23 2023 18:39:42, you wrote to Dumas Walker:

Yep! I mean, the use of these kind of distraction tactics are pretty
    well document at this point, albeit, typically a little less wild than reports of UFO and alien corpses.

This conversation reminded me of the submarine that imploded, which they knew about days before it was reported on, but dragged it out to hide shenannegans that happened that same week. :D

Regards,
    Nick

... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20230205
    * Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (Wisconsin) (46:1/100)
  • From Dumas Walker@46:10/121 to ACCESSION on Fri Aug 25 07:29:00 2023
    This conversation reminded me of the submarine that imploded, which they knew out days before it was reported on, but dragged it out to hide shenannegans th
    happened that same week. :D

Yep, that one also. I think their strategy has mostly had the desired
    affect.

* SLMR 2.1a * The ultimate mail reader is here!!!!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Nightfox@46:1/150 to esc on Tue Aug 29 13:12:56 2023
    Re: Re: Congress UFO hearing
    By: esc to Nightfox on Tue Aug 22 2023 12:13 am

I didn't watch (didn't know of a public hearing), but I think the UFO
    discussion from the US government is interesting. I've always been

Playing devil's advocate here (just for the sake of exploring all sides of this topic in a reasonable way) but wouldn't other countries have noticed things like this as well in their airspace? Why would no other country break the news that there were UFOs? I don't think there's any secret global coalition keeping UFO activity under wraps, so I wonder...

Actually, I have seen articles saying other coutnries have revealed bits of what they know as well. Russia, Brazil, etc..

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com (46:1/150)